Who is responsible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is responsible

I rented out my flat to a company that act as a 3rd party to housing young people in need of social housing. Recently the 3rd party company evicted the tennant for breaking the rules and has since returned to remove all the copper pipping from (behind the wasing machine, dishwasher, central heating. Aso he has kicked a door in, stolen the door handles and destroyed the oven and left the flat in a complete state. The Police have told me they are pretty sure its him but have no evidence. The 3rd party have also told me it was him and he was seen by a whitness breaking into the flat (the whitness is refusing to give a statement. The 3rd party are now returning the flat to me as the lease is up. The dammage seems like it will be significantly expensive to repair. At this moment I am unaware to his responsible for paying the costs. Thank you

This will be outlined in the agreement you signed with the 3rd party company.

Comment

Originally posted by somerandom85 View Post
      I rented out my flat to a company that act as a 3rd party to housing young people in need of social housing. Recently the 3rd party company evicted the tennant for breaking the rules and has since returned to remove all the copper pipping from (behind the wasing machine, dishwasher, central heating. Aso he has kicked a door in, stolen the door handles and destroyed the oven and left the flat in a complete state. The Police have told me they are pretty sure its him but have no evidence. The 3rd party have also told me it was him and he was seen by a whitness breaking into the flat (the whitness is refusing to give a statement. The 3rd party are now returning the flat to me as the lease is up. The dammage seems like it will be significantly expensive to repair. At this moment I am unaware to his responsible for paying the costs. Thank you
      What does the agreement state in relation to repairs?!
      [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

The '3rd party company' is your tenant. It is liable for damage to the property.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X