Change of a tenent in Tenancy agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of a tenent in Tenancy agreement

I have a 3 bedroom property let out to 3 tenants jointly for a year on an AST on one contract. Just after six month one of the tenats on the contract wants to move out with the agreement of the other two. They have found another person to move in as soon as the 3rd room becomes vacant and then with the new person moving in all 3 of them would like to complete the term of the contract of one year.

Could someone help me to what is the best thing for me to do.

1. Should I create a fresh contract for about 24 weeks with the 2 staying on and then new person moving in?

2 Or just on the old contract cross out the name of the moving out tenant and fill in the one moving in and get him tho sign the old contract?

3. Or just keep the old contract as it is and get the new tenant to sign another document agreeing to the terms of the contract signed by the original 3 and then attach a copy of that document to the original contract.

Also the S21 which was issued at the start of the tenancy in the names of the original 3, should it also be altered?

If I Create a new tenancy and issue a new S21 for the remaining 24 weeks then it will not be enforceable til after 6 months after the start of the tenancy.

I will be very grateful to here some experienced thoughts from forum members.

What you need is a DEED OF ASSIGNMENT. On this the outgoing tenant, the incoming tenant, the remaining tenants and the landlord all sign to say that they agree with the incoming tenant taking over the responsibilities of the outgoing one.

You will need to sort things out about the deposit as well, but in short, Deed of Assignment is what you're after.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. So basically if we prepare a document with heading on the top saying Deed of Assignent and then just saying that everyone agrees to the original contract and the incoming tenant takes over the responsibility of the outgoing one and all parties sign.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Letting Agent - Finders fee - New Tenants
        by BeccyP
        Hello,
        New here so please forgive if I'm doing something wrong..

We employed a Letting Agent to find us new tenants for a one off 'Finders Fee'...We shall then manage property ourselves.
        Letting Agent has found us new tenants - I'm due to meet and greet next week and hand over...
        09-08-2020, 00:33 AM
      • Reply to Does employment tribunal case affect credit/reference check
        by ash72
        It will not affect your credit file, but will affect your reference checks when your employer is asked to confirm your employment details, and salary this will then affect you, even if your employer does not provide the correct information your wage slip would either confirm or support your income.
        08-08-2020, 19:17 PM
      • Does employment tribunal case affect credit/reference check
        by Self sufficient
        Hi folks

Perhaps nobody has ever asked that question because majority here perceptibly seems investors/businessmen. The question is that if someone who is relying currently to live in private rented properties whilst having a plan to buy his own home in future but currently fighting in...
        08-08-2020, 15:14 PM
      • Reply to Ccj
        by ChrisDennison
        Funny enough only the defendant receives a copy of the default judgment, the claimant normally doesn't. You can request it from the court though, if it's a claim issued via the CCBC or CCMCC just call them and they will email it to you. If it's a local county court hearing centre call them too and they'll...
        08-08-2020, 18:28 PM
      • Ccj
        by Perce
        Hello

Does anybody know how long it takes to get judgement once you submit a request for judgement ?
        23-07-2020, 21:01 PM
      • Reply to Who Gives a Fig About The Council
        by ChrisDennison
        Maybe therein lies the problem, because different races certainly don't necessarily mean different people....
        08-08-2020, 18:22 PM
      • Who Gives a Fig About The Council
        by landlord-man
        Something which keeps cropping up which I don't for the life of me understand.

Put into words by this recent quote on the Forum

It grieves me to hear again and again and again where tenants with huge arrears are evicted solely with s21, local council not informed of arrears...
        05-08-2020, 14:55 PM
      • Reply to First time landlord making mistakes
        by ChrisDennison
        Well, central heating systems (district or local) don't normally mean tenants have no control over their heating. They will normally still have TRVs on their radiators and a heat meter which tracks usage....
        08-08-2020, 18:18 PM
      • First time landlord making mistakes
        by Bhups
        Hello,

I'm a first time landlord who has make a few BIG mistakes and would like advise on what I can do to help me out.

I've got a double story extension on the side of the property where the garage would normally be (semi-detached home).
        I've converted the side with...
        07-08-2020, 11:06 AM
      • Reply to Ccj
        by Perce
        The eviction company sent me just the Notice of Judgement Entered but should not they also send me the Judgement for Claimant and Defendant stating how much the tenant owes me ? I understand HCEO will need this piece of paper....
        08-08-2020, 18:15 PM
      Working...
      X