Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesne profits

can someone please explain what it actually means
    The house was repossessed on 24 oct. the Tenant is waiting for eviction date by the bailiff any day now. his housing benefit was suspended
    I quote:
    HB is issued to creditors in the form of Mesnes profits. and they want a clarification on who should receive it TT LL or Bank??????????

Thanks

Mesne profits is the receipt of payment for a service which is provided under duress. In this example, the receipt of rent from a tenant whom you are in the process of evicting.
    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

Thanks

Does that mean that the rent is still payable to LL up to eviction day? cos HB people were not clear all they said was they need to know who is entitled to that money then they would pay it.

Comment

Rent is payable up until the day a tenant actually leaves a property - I think this was your question!
        Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

ok thanks cos when i called the HB they were not sure whether the Ll has any right to rent as the House is in the hand of the bank. they were not sure though.

Comment

No .. I think the question was : who is it payable to ? the ex-LL ; or the Bank, who have now repossessed the property - that's my understanding anyway.

Originally posted by MrShed View Post
            Rent is payable up until the day a tenant actually leaves a property - I think this was your question!
            Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

I am sorry i did not clarify it.
              yes you are right is Rent payable to current owner ie bank or ex LL?

Comment

Your contract - ie your AST is with the landlord as it has been signed by him or on his behalf by his agent. The rent due is thus owed to the landlord, against whom you are going to take action because of his breach of this contract. This is because bank are repossessing the property and evicting you. If the bank, or anybody else writes to you demanding that you pay them your rent instead, they are creating a new AST which gives you a further six months security of tenure, so you won't be hearing from anybody except your current landlord,his representatives agents or the administrators of his bankruptcy!

P.P.
                Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

ah thanks
                  that make sense now.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Section 21
                    by MdeB
                    Yes for S8G8, but for the discretionary grounds it is for the LL to persuade the judge....
                    29-05-2020, 19:56 PM
                  • Section 21
                    by zrux
                    Hi

My tenant was struggling to pay rent, they wanted to move to council house. And asked me to serve notice.
                    I served them the section 21 Notice on 28Apr2020 and gave them 4 months to vacate the property on 31-Aug

Since then the tenant says he doesn't want to move out...
                    28-05-2020, 13:18 PM
                  • Reply to Aiming to get a CCJ on ex tenant
                    by Stew
                    I understand you are upset but chase the person named on the lease, if they are together still it will impact the both of them so chasing for the CCJ on the named tenant will still impact the one not named as it will carry forward with them if they don't pay right away and when they try and rent again...
                    29-05-2020, 18:55 PM
                  • Aiming to get a CCJ on ex tenant
                    by MadLL
                    Apologies if I have posted this before, but I cannot find my original post, if I did indeed post!
                    I rented my property to a tenant. I knew at the start of the tenancy that the partner planned to move in at a later date, although the tenant denied the partner ever moved in as I expect they did...
                    29-05-2020, 17:30 PM
                  • Reply to The tenant won't pay due rent
                    by Perce
                    DPT57

I agree and this is a problem. Very difficult to find someone you can trust that they would do a good job.

It looks like one has to become a solicitor first to be able to deal with solicitors. Solicitors forget half of the things you tell them, make errors, expect...
                    29-05-2020, 18:52 PM
                  • The tenant won't pay due rent
                    by Uklondoner
                    The tenant just told me he can't pay not even half and didn't apply for benefit probably doesn't know how to. He said I can call Police. What to do now? I know the government back people like him....
                    18-04-2020, 18:34 PM
                    by Hudson01
                    I can not see you getting anywhere with the ex tenants partner but i totally agree you should chase the non paying tenant until the end of time, its is the previous landlords in not going after the arrears which then caused your tenant to be able to not pay you...... somewhere a stand has to be mad...
                    29-05-2020, 18:38 PM
                    by Perce
                    Send your ex tenant a 14 days pre action letter first....
                    29-05-2020, 18:33 PM
                  • Reply to Section 21
                    by Perce
                    The tenant should move to a cheaper accommodation which he can afford....
                    29-05-2020, 18:31 PM
                  • Reply to Section 21
                    by Perce
                    MdeB

The tenant should produce evidence that he is not paying rent due to coronavirus. Also it does not mean he should continue living in the property forever and not pay rent due to coronavirus
                    29-05-2020, 18:30 PM
                  Working...
                  X