no dometic lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no dometic lease

i've rented a property with no written aggrement with the landlord, he's trying to sell the property now. what are my rights?

You have exactly the same rights as if you had a written agreement. The landlord must give you 2 months notice as per the process here... http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index/being_evicted/0-21. If no one gives you notice, then the new owner becomes your landlord but you retain exactly the same rights as with the current landlord.

A tenancy agreement of under 3 years does not have to be in writing - you have an oral assured shorthold tenancy.

Comment

Originally posted by steve000 View Post
      i've rented a property with no written aggrement
      Are you in England or Wales?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Section 8 on tenants without deposit
        by dereham
        Hello all

Is it difficult to evict a tenant (section 8 rent arrears) if they didn't pay a deposit when they moved in?
        It might be a silly question - I know it's a massive issue not to have protected a deposit when it comes to eviction but I can't find any info about cases where there...
        02-12-2021, 11:30 AM
      • Reply to End of tenancy questions
        by leasee123
        So is it best to serve section 21 together with a section 13? As that is the only way to ensure I can get the rent increase?...
        02-12-2021, 09:56 AM
      • End of tenancy questions
        by leasee123
        Hi,

I am a landlord and the current tenancy is coming close to the end of the AST fixed period. I am unsure what the process is when it comes to things like increasing rent and section 21 etc. I am using an agent for tenant find and they do the negotiating with the tenants (and of course...
        01-12-2021, 21:08 PM
      • Reply to Alternative ways to enforce a Peaceable Eviction
        by bob369
        I wish to gain a court order for eviction, can that be sought in advance of the approaching Notices end date, or does he need to become a 'hold over' tresspasser before I can apply.
        Apologies that is a typo, if it wasn't for the infernal 'Moderator Approval' system being so pedantic I would have...
        02-12-2021, 09:54 AM
      • Alternative ways to enforce a Peaceable Eviction
        by bob369
        Hi,

A Lodger (Excluded Occupier) needs to be excluded as his Notice Period has expired (one calendar month), and he refuses to leave

I understand Police will not get involved to remove him, even though he is tresspassing, understand they view this as Civil not criminal....
        24-11-2021, 23:16 PM
        by jpkeates
        You can charge them any rent that they agree to pay, otherwise, your only option to unilaterally increase the rent is a s13 notice.

The s13 notice includes an appeals process, so you can't simply "evict" someone by charging a ludicrous rent....
        02-12-2021, 09:50 AM
      • Reply to Granting a very long AST (to a family member)
        by Section20z
        The flat's lease will likely prohibit lettings of more than a year (or class it as an assignment)
        02-12-2021, 09:44 AM
      • Granting a very long AST (to a family member)
        by meehr
        For a variety of reasons a family member is considering renting out their leasehold flat to a cousin for a long period of time - to provide security they want to grant a very long AST, like 8 years (till kids have left home basically). They both want to do this for security and avoidance of argument...
        01-12-2021, 23:27 PM
        by leasee123
        But what happens if tenants don't leave (when it was originally agreed they would), can I charge them the higher rent? Because a section 13 would not have been served (given it was agreed they would leave at the end of the fixed term) would I still be allowed to charge them a higher rent?
        02-12-2021, 09:43 AM
      • Reply to who's repsponsibility
        by jpucng62
        Tenants often don't have the tools to manage large foliage or dispose of it. If I could do it without too much effort I probably would or offer to arrange for it to be done & pass on the cost. It is definitely their responsibility.
        02-12-2021, 09:20 AM
      Working...
      X