Can anyone recommend a good tenancy agreement for shared property

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can anyone recommend a good tenancy agreement for shared property

    Dear Forum,

    I'm trying to get a good tenancy agreement for my new tenants, they will all be in a shared property non resident landlord - anyone have any good ideas as to where to find one, plus any additional clauses to put in place, as generally I'm spending so much time either evicting or chasing bad tenants.

    Thank you

    #2
    There's nothing special about an AST for sharers. You can download one from this site or search the internet and get one for free.

    Make sure you understand the tenancy agreement first as I get the impressions you just want something off the shelf. You can modify it to suit your requirements.
    The advice I give should not be construed as a definitive answer, and is without prejudice or liability. You are advised to consult a specialist solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

    Comment


      #3
      LLZ is affiliated with a site that provides lease type documentation. The link is in the document section on the left, I would recommend having a look on there and seeing if they have what you're after. Ultimately I wouldn’t want to be messing around with AST's adding clauses which usually are not worded correctly to be of use.

      Alternatively LawCruncher may have an agreement that he can recommend, and as a solicitor I would trust his judgement better than mine
      [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

      Comment


        #4
        Thank you guys, just trying to find the best solution for tenants that generally after a few months of staying in a property move on owing rent and leaving damages, don't know if an AST for 6 months will suit home sharers. Its just so hard to find suitable tenants, always having 1 issue after another.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MrJohnnyB View Post
          I wouldn’t want to be messing around with AST's adding clauses which usually are not worded correctly to be of use.
          It's extremely important to be able to do this as it is often necessary to add Sepcial Tenancy Conditions for example, and if worded in plain English should not be beyond the bounds of most landlords.
          The advice I give should not be construed as a definitive answer, and is without prejudice or liability. You are advised to consult a specialist solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Paul_f View Post
            It's extremely important to be able to do this as it is often necessary to add Sepcial Tenancy Conditions for example, and if worded in plain English should not be beyond the bounds of most landlords.
            The issue is that often people will add clauses which will most commonly actually have no legal effect and not stand up or create clauses which conflict with existing clauses, which again would be dubious before a court. This is why the Law Society do not allow modification/addition to their leases.
            [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by MrJohnnyB View Post
              The issue is that often people will add clauses which will most commonly actually have no legal effect and not stand up or create clauses which conflict with existing clauses, which again would be dubious before a court. This is why the Law Society do not allow modification/addition to their leases.
              Sorry but this is not true. I have seen many a 'Law Society' lease which has deletions, riders,etc., so it is possible, and in fact quite usual to amend the document, the reason being one-size never fits all.
              The advice I give should not be construed as a definitive answer, and is without prejudice or liability. You are advised to consult a specialist solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

              Comment

              Latest Activity

              Collapse

              Working...
              X