Cat hairs found all over property despite contract stating no pets... what action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat hairs found all over property despite contract stating no pets... what action?

I have just taken possession of my property from my Tenants of over a year and found cat hairs everywhere in the house.

The agreement states no pets and I was also asked directly if they could get as cat, to which I said no.

What can I do in terms of deposit deduction for cleaning etc? No damage has been caused but I keep finding hair everywhere - should I bag it up as evidence!?

Thanks.

You might want to get the place professionally cleaned, and explain to the firm about the cats so they can clean appropriately. Would the firm maybe confirm the cat hair in writing to save you keeping bags of it?

Comment

Great suggestion jamesknight0 thank you.

Comment

I would say you are entitled to claim for a professional clean. Having a cat myself, and a niece who is very allergic to them, I have seen what a reaction she can get even when the cat is not in the same room, so you need to get professionals to sanitise the property properly, for the comfort and wellbeing of future tenants.

I would also suggest taking their advice on flea fumigation, as these can also remain in the property after the cat has departed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X