Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont give up!

just an update

our ex-ll has agreed as of today that we can have our full deposit back.
    In her eyes its because we are a right pain in the backside and she wants rid of us!

But in reality its because of you guys for the advice you have given us.
    We thankyou!!!!

to other tenants;

Take photos of everything.
    Write everything down,phone conversations,txts,and face to face conversations.
    Gather all the evidence possible and dont give in!

Expect abuse and agression,we got it all,even disability discrimination.

Read up on the legal stuff and quote what sections the breaches are,
    Goodluck to other good tenants out there,and you bad LL you need to know the facts before treating us with contempt.

Do not let those whose birth certificates bear examination grind you down!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
      Do not let those whose birth certificates bear examination grind you down!
      hehe,im not sure what you mean?
      ive just said to read all the legal stuff,but i dont understand oops

Comment

His mind opeates on a different level - don't worry! I think he means that a father's name may be lacking...
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
          His mind opeates on a different level - don't worry! I think he means that a father's name may be lacking...
          ok that makes me feel intelligent again!

Comment

Originally posted by shelly67 View Post
            and you bad LL you need to know the facts before treating us with contempt.
            I doubt this is worth saying to those LLs
            If someone is a bad & contemptuous LL, their chief MO is to ignore the facts & the right way of treating people, all people.

Things are a lot better than they were in the period leading upto the 1980's.

Nowadays, crummy landlords are in the minority and standards of LL conduct, as well as the quality of accommodation offered, have risen markedly.
            Natural selection is a wonderful thing
            You shall know them by their fruit
            Saying "Never say never", says it

Comment

Originally posted by Scrungy View Post
              I doubt this is worth saying to those LLs
              If someone is a bad & contemptuous LL, their chief MO is to ignore the facts & the right way of treating people, all people.

Things are a lot better than they were in the period leading upto the 1980's.

Nowadays, crummy landlords are in the minority and standards of LL conduct, as well as the quality of accommodation offered, have risen markedly.
              yes i suppose your right,bad LL wont care if they are doing wrong.And yes in the 1980s i had a LL who sent his sons round to intimidate and threaten to physically move me from a grotty studio flat because the rent was assessed by the fair rent office.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Part furnished
                by Chester Perry
                I posted elsewhere on here and feedback was a mix of its not worth it as nothing will happen (plus police will treat as a tenancy issue) and its worth doing to get a crime number.

Not going to claim on insurance given excess etc. The fridge freezers value second hand / age considered probably...
                18-09-2020, 14:22 PM
              • Part furnished
                by Chester Perry
                Our property was let part furnished however upon leaving the Ex. tenant took it upon himself to relieve us of the white goods and wooden blinds.

The dishwasher, washing machine, 2 x fridge freezers and wooden blinds throughout were actually ones purchased when the property was our main...
                18-09-2020, 13:34 PM
              • Reply to Landlord refuses to sign inventory
                by jpkeates
                A 15 year old washing machine has almost zero value (and will have less when you move out).
                The landlord can only legitimately claim for their loss if you bin it.

A mid range washing machine is about £350 (and they haven't changed much in price recently), and imagining one would...
                18-09-2020, 14:14 PM
              • Landlord refuses to sign inventory
                by Bumblebee3000
                We've recently rented a house that from the very start seemed badly taken care of - there were various problems like a mouldy washing machine/curtains, broken curtain rails, etc. When we arrived to meet the inventory clerk, we signed a 2-page document of handwritten inventory notes (we broadly agreed...
                17-09-2020, 20:13 PM
              • Reply to Part furnished
                by theartfullodger
                Trust you've reported the thefts to police
                18-09-2020, 14:07 PM
              • Reply to Landlord refuses to sign inventory
                by Bumblebee3000
                This is very helpful, MdeB, thank you. I will try to relax about the inventory now. In regards to the mould - the landlord has a letter from the curtain cleaning company stating that the mould has been "killed" during the cleaning. I actually spoke with the curtain cleaner when he was here...
                18-09-2020, 14:07 PM
              • Reply to Deposit Negotitations with Landlord
                by jpkeates
                The process seems to have changed recently.
                The landlord claims from the deposit and that claim should have a summary of what they are claiming and why.
                You dispute that and then you both have one chance to explain your side of the story.
                But you do that with only access to what the...
                18-09-2020, 13:57 PM
              • Deposit Negotitations with Landlord
                by Maymiss
                I am moving out of my rented home shortly, i have caused some damage which I notified the landlord of when it happened and they have recently visited to discuss the cost of repairs, which we have agreed. The landlord is now asking that I pay this money to them directly. It is not possible for the work...
                03-08-2020, 11:47 AM
              • Reply to Section 21 issued with new tenancy
                by jpkeates
                Every notice escalated to court is recorded and the figures published quarterly, so breaking out the s21 notices from the s8 shouldn't be complicated.

Two of the links are to House of Commons research papers, to be fair!...
                18-09-2020, 13:51 PM
              • Section 21 issued with new tenancy
                by fmST1
                When a new tenant moves into a property, I get them to sign a section 21 so that if whatever reason things don’t work out, the necessary paperwork is already in place.
                I’ve never had a need to exercise this yet, but would it work?...
                11-09-2020, 08:43 AM
              Working...
              X