Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenants possessions gone missing?

Hi there

I had a tenant that went to jail 7 months ago.

One of my workers put his things in storage, but it's gone missing.

Would I be liable for his possessions as landlord?

Yep, how did you go about getting his things out of the property in the first instance?
    [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

He called us from jail and told us to move his stuff

Isn't there a rule where we can store his possessions for up to 6 months, after which we can dispose of it?

Comment

Any feedback on this?

Comment

Personally I would not worry about it!! My instant feeling is "what stuff" was it mustered in etc, etc all too complicated. How do you know he did not organise its removal in order to get money from you etc etc. he would have an awful lot to prove.

Comment

If he gave you permission to put his items into storage and you have agreed to do this then imho you are liable.

However if the items were put into storage, was this paid for and secure, if so the company should be liable?

or did you simply put it somewhere where it could be accessed by anyone?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X