I've done end of tenancy clean myself – how do I charge tenant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rajeshk4u
    replied
    I am sure your new tenants would welcome a clean place.

Your tenants could argue that cleaning is unskilled and they should pay no more then the minimum wage.

One of speakers from a Landlords association said he has a tarrif sheet, so he charges according to that. I dont know if he writes it down in the contract.

I get my tenants to sign house rules, where I say If the flat is left in an unclean condition, then I will charge for a cleaner, plus my time to attend to give access to the property etc...

Leave a comment:

• johnkimon
    replied
    Thanks MTG.
    Yes, the tenant is disputing all deductions and (falsely) claiming he cleaned property to spotless state before leaving – though he declined to attend check-out – and yes I have photographic evidence of state of house when he moved in and when he moved out.

A thorough clean, done to a much better standard than any so-called professional clean, took maybe 20 hours between two people, and I was thinking of charging him at a rate of £7 per hour – barely above minimum wage. I think this is fair. Will this be acceptable to an arbitrator?

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Do you know for sure that the tenant will dispute the proposed deductions? They may not - in which case you will not need evidence. How much do you propose to deduct per hour?

If you do (need evidence), then a simple statement of number of hours at what hourly rate should suffice, backed up by photographs showing the state of the place when Ts vacated and the Inventory & Schedule of Condition agreed by the T at check-in (i.e. signed by T to agree property was extremely clean when they moved in. Photos?).

Leave a comment:

• I've done end of tenancy clean myself – how do I charge tenant?

Not satisfied with end of tenancy cleaners and prices they charge, I did the end of tenancy clean myself – with help of family member. Can I now pass on costs of labour, materials, etc, to tenant and ask for deduction from deposit? If I can, what proof of costs do I need to provide to deposit arbitrator? Do I write myself – or family member – an invoice? Thanks in advance for help.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X