Advice pls - Tenancy Agreement amendment to single name from joint

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Advice pls - Tenancy Agreement amendment to single name from joint

    Hi, please can anyone offer any advice on my situation:

    My Husband and I have seperated and he has requested that his name be taken from the joint lease we have on a rolling TA.

    My parents bought the property in Sept last year from our original landlord, so there is also an amendment to name of landlord.

    I do not wish to start a new tenancy as the current one is rolling, however these amendments do need to be made.

    The reason that I am trying to sort it on behalf of my parents is that my father is ill at the moment.

    Any advice would be gratefully received.

    You really should get a new AST issued in your name. Sounds like too many ammendments to me.

    Freedom at the point of zero............


      You can't 'amend' a tenancy agreement nor can you just take someones name off. As advised, you need to create a new tenancy in your name with the new landlords named correctly. This means your husband would no longer be liable for rent under the new agreement.

      As the landlords are your parents then this shouldn't present any issues assuming they are in agreement? As far as a rolling tenancy is concerned, you could creat a new AST tenancy for say 3 months and allow it to lapse into periodic after that
      My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.


      Latest Activity