3 year lease -manaegment co. gone into liquidation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 year lease -manaegment co. gone into liquidation.

Hello forum members

I am new to this forum,this is my first post.

I entered into a 3 year lease with a management co.in 2007,to provide emergency and short term housing to council tenants with a garentued rent.The management co. was on the council's approved list at this time.The property was repaired/redecorated to the councils strict guildlines.In 2010 we started getting problems with our rent(late and having to chase) ,just before our 3 years was up the management co. went into liquidation.The council arranged with another approved management co. to transfer all the landlord to this other co.(lower rent).At this time our 3 year lease had come to a end and we just wanted our property back.We asked the council for the property back,they said they could not re-house the tenants at short notice.We managed to divert the rent to ourselves.

In the mean time the tenant was not looking after the property.A new kitchen was fitted in 2009 and a new laminate floor.We managed to get the property back (after 7 months),but the tenants have damaged the property.The council said they can not do anything as they do not have any contractual obligation to us? .They will not pay any compensation for damages.My understanding is that this became a non secure tenanacy?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any comments/thougths would be apperiated.

jman16

Needs to be posted in residential lettings I am afraid.

"We dont do nufink under 21 years here!"
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X