NLA s21 wording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NLA s21 wording

I went to see my solicitor the other day about another matter and whilst there i spoke to him about s21. I showed him a s21 i had prepared using the NLA website and first off he said it was wrong, then i said i got it from the NLA, he said well, it's not wrong as such, but it's not 'accurate'. He took issue with the fact that on the NLA form it says 'by virute of s21 of the housing act...'. My guy says it should also mention the subsection i.e. section 21(1)(b) for fixed term and S21(4)(a) for periodic.

My guy is also a district judge so i presume he knows what he's talking about and he will be seeing these in his court and he likes them to be what he calls 'accurate'. Is he just being clever or should i not use the NLA s21?

Thanks

You could use the NLA S21 but you must specify which bit you are using - (a) or (b).

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/agreements.htm

look through here at all the free documents you can use.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Are they my lodgers or tenants?
        by theartfullodger
        Tenants. Moving back in won't change that.

How many occupants do you have please?
        06-12-2021, 22:53 PM
      • Are they my lodgers or tenants?
        by Livingonaprayer
        Hi all.
        I bought a house, lived in it for a few months, then had friends ask me if they could move in as had to leave their property and were struggling to find somewhere with their dog. I agreed and drew up lodging agreement and they moved in.
        Unfortunately our dogs did not get on, and...
        06-12-2021, 20:46 PM
      • Reply to Am I a lodger or a tenant?
        by AndrewDod
        If that were so straightforwardly the case then I would easily be able to a secure a tenancy for my friend's daughter (D) who has zero credit rating, and zero ability to pay rent.

I would take a 6M tenancy myself, immediately grant a 4 year tenancy at quarter my original rent to D, let...
        06-12-2021, 21:53 PM
      • Am I a lodger or a tenant?
        by Bert1e
        Hello, I have a question about my legal status in private rented accommodation.

I live in a private rented house. The entire house is rented from the landlord by one individual (let's call her Sara). Sara has a bedroom in the house and a lot of stuff in the cupboards all around the house....
        28-11-2021, 12:13 PM
      • Reply to Tenancy issues - No Deposit Scheme, demanding deposit back
        by alice123
        I'm sorry you are in this situation , from what i have heard from someone these 'no win no fee' type of 'solicitors' take a massive chunk out of any claim for their own fees , which would leave your tenant with rather less money that he/she would have anticipated.

One of the reasons why...
        06-12-2021, 21:13 PM
      • Tenancy issues - No Deposit Scheme, demanding deposit back
        by llplug
        I am a private landlord who has not put tenants deposit into Deposit scheme - I now understand the errors of my ways, put my hand up, my fault, been lax

Tenant has had a number of minor issues (sink drainage, plug not working, bedroom light not working) which I have made an effort to rectify,...
        19-11-2021, 15:49 PM
      • Reply to Am I a lodger or a tenant?
        by KTC
        The term lawful here applies to private landlord. It's a term that does not just exist within the Housing Act 1988, but also Rent Act 1977, and probably other places. In this context, it basically means as the Shelter page summarised, did the mesne tenant have permission to sublet. That section of the...
        06-12-2021, 21:11 PM
      • Reply to Accelerated possession order
        by Hudson01
        This is a good point..... also, not wishing to tempt fate, but with the increase in Covid type restrictions is it beyond thinking that we may have another xmas ban on evictions ???? I do not believe it is needed but you know what the lefties are like....
        06-12-2021, 21:01 PM
      • Accelerated possession order
        by Pariah81
        A tenant has refused to leave the property at the end of her tenancy and has now asked to be evicted as in her words 'that will make her eligible for a council house'.

I am sending an accelerated possession order through the courts but whilst completed the forms noticed two apparent errors...
        05-12-2021, 18:12 PM
      • Reply to Accelerated possession order
        by L4NDLORD
        this is not a great time to try to get possession, I would recommend that you tolerate them a bit longer. The Judge is not going to be sympathetic and besides these cases are going to take a long time to come to Court.
        06-12-2021, 20:55 PM
      Working...
      X