No deposit required how to dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deposit required how to dispute

My landlord did not charge me a deposit upon moving in. I thought it was a great idea at first. Now I am really concerned. The landlord made note and told us of things that needed to be fixed and upkept. Now we are 26 days from moving out and I feel when final expection the landlord will still try to charge us. Is there any help for tennants upon move out that you can even hire to dispute unnecessary disceptancys with landlord on tennant behalf?

How can he charge you or make you pay if you never paid a deposit. If he does try to charge you for things which you consider wrong then don't pay. Did you not heed his instructions? If he really feels that strongly he will go to the small claims court to settle the matter - but I doubt he will.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Did you have an inventory?
      [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

The onus is on your landlord to prove any damages so like MrjohnnyB asks above if there is no inventory that you have signed, photos etc then its going to be very hard for your LL to prove the damages if he has no proof of the condition when you moved in.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X