Speed of deposit repayment from dps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed of deposit repayment from dps

I understand dps normally repay deposit within 10 days according to their website. My problem is this my tenant moves out on the 8th of month at which time i am able to inspect empty property, his contract expires 13th of month at which time he would like deposit back. I wondered how quick dps normally are with repayments eg is it likely to be repaid by 13th if we jointly complete repayment application on the 8th? I am reluctant to inspect property while furnished as although he is a very good tenant it would be less obvious of problems while furniture is in there.

Originally posted by JSAVAGE View Post
    I understand dps normally repay deposit within 10 days according to their website. My problem is this my tenant moves out on the 8th of month at which time i am able to inspect empty property, his contract expires 13th of month at which time he would like deposit back. I wondered how quick dps normally are with repayments eg is it likely to be repaid by 13th if we jointly complete repayment application on the 8th? I am reluctant to inspect property while furnished as although he is a very good tenant it would be less obvious of problems while furniture is in there.
    I doubt it. Presume you're talking next month when 8th falls on Friday looks even more unlikely.
    [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Originally posted by JSAVAGE View Post
      is it likely to be repaid by 13th if we jointly complete repayment application on the 8th?
      I don't know, however, do not be pressured by the T into agreeing to refund before you are completely certain there are no valid claims against the deposit. Definitely don't do the check-out inspection until after the T has vacated.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X