Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Internet Ads???

Hi All

I'm pretty new to all this and wondered if any LL's out there use free internet advertising for their properties? I'm not sure i want to pay for 'rightmove' or other websites until i guage the effectiveness of internet advertising in our area. (I currently just use local papers and this has served us well until recently.)

Would be grateful for any advice from more seasoned LL's!

Thanks!

There is nothing for nothing and its quite a cheek to ask for exposure to a market that will make you money, for free.
    If you had the advertising vehicle, would you offer it for free? If so, why?

You may not know this but there are a plethora of online property/letting agencies that will submit your ad to rightmove and primelocation for a really small fee (upto or around £50) and your listing will stay there until your home is let.

Also, there is no such thing as "internet advertising in our area" - anyone with internet access can see your home's listing if they are looking for what you have to offer in your area.

Even if you have no mortgage on this home, there are still running costs for you to pay and which come out of your pocket while there is no tenant.

So with the above option available, there is no reason to wait another minute.

Comment

Originally posted by vandracula View Post
      Hi All

I'm pretty new to all this and wondered if any LL's out there use free internet advertising for their properties? I'm not sure i want to pay for 'rightmove' or other websites until i guage the effectiveness of internet advertising in our area. (I currently just use local papers and this has served us well until recently.)

Would be grateful for any advice from more seasoned LL's!

Thanks!
      I believe there is a service that can post adverts on rightmove for you at a fixed rate, rather than having to sign up which is super expensive I believe, effectively a 3rd party. Just for your info... Speaking to residential agents around and about they say rightmove easily justifies the costs, it is quite impressive really.
      [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Free advertising is available - Vivastreet and Houseladder being 2 examples. However, the quality of leads is very poor in my experience. If you want to arrange 20 viewings with people you wouldn't want to let to, then go for it.

Comment

gumtree is another which i have used sucsesfully but be on guard lot of scams etc to watch out for vet all prospective tenants first though

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X