s8 & s21 notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s8 & s21 notices

Can a s8 notice(grounds-rent arrears)be served and progressed without prior issue or expiry (activation) of s21 Notice during Stat Periodic AST?
    What activation times apply to each Notice?

A s8 notice (breach of contract) can be served at any time (fixed term or periodic) either as a warning or to be progressed through the courts. For most grounds this gives 2 weeks' notice priod to court action.
    The section 8 route is independent of the s21 route, so no need to have served s21 prior. In most cases it is sensible to serve both a s8 and a s21 together as a fall back position, though only one of these routes can be persued at any one time.
    See out notes on serving s8 and s21 here:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/agreements.htm

Comment

I am not convincd s8 can be used for ground rent - except perhaps under ground 12 which is a discretionary one. I would love to be proved wrong though (information is power!).

Comment

I don't think OP means ground rent - the phrase 'grounds-rent arrears' in brackets is surely referring to grounds in a s.8 notice which relate to rent arrears.

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
          I don't think OP means ground rent - the phrase 'grounds-rent arrears' in brackets is surely referring to grounds in a s.8 notice which relate to rent arrears.
          Ah - that makes sense!

Comment

Correct Westminster. Apols for confusion

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X