Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S21 rejections

The local judge threw out 3 of my s21 claims

Two of the reasons are that 'it gives alternative dates on which possession is requested, and is therefore void for uncertainty'.

I dont have the claim forms in front of me. But how could this be when there is only one entry for when claim is requested?

And he threw the other one out as the 12 month fixed term expired last october and he's syaing i should have issued a periodic s21, not a fixed. I issued a fixed within the 12 month period, with a min 2 months notice expiring after the tenancy ended. I thought this was fine?

These are my first rejections. V strange. Should i appeal them?

if you could write out the dates of the tenancy and also the wording and dates you put on each S21 this might shed some light on the situation.

Comment

Yeah poppy is right.!!
      If you'd write out the tenancy dates and all other wordings and dates you put on each of the S21 then the judge would definitely think about that before making his final decision..!!!

Comment

Evergreen, dont take any notice of the newbie's silly post above, just let us know more info about the dates etc and we can help you some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
          The local judge threw out 3 of my s21 claims

Two of the reasons are that 'it gives alternative dates on which possession is requested, and is therefore void for uncertainty'.

I dont have the claim forms in front of me. But how could this be when there is only one entry for when claim is requested?

And he threw the other one out as the 12 month fixed term expired last october and he's syaing i should have issued a periodic s21, not a fixed. I issued a fixed within the 12 month period, with a min 2 months notice expiring after the tenancy ended. I thought this was fine?

These are my first rejections. V strange. Should i appeal them?
          On the surface of the info provided I would say YES, appeal. However, answer Poppy35s Qs first!

Comment

Well i treat all my tenancies the same

All my tenants are homeless housing benefit tenants

So no deposit is taken

I issue my s21s the day after they sign the AST

And they expire 6 months later, a day after the last day of the tenancy

So for example, tenancy start date: 02/12/10, end date:01/06/11

S21 issued: 03/12/10, expires: 02/06/11

So in this case ill fill in and file my n5b after 02/06/11

This dates are all fine right?

Thanks for all the input (even from the newbies)

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
              Well i treat all my tenancies the same

All my tenants are homeless housing benefit tenants

So no deposit is taken

I issue my s21s the day after they sign the AST

And they expire 6 months later, a day after the last day of the tenancy

So for example, tenancy start date: 02/12/10, end date:01/06/11

S21 issued: 03/12/10, expires: 02/06/11

So in this case ill fill in and file my n5b after 02/06/11

This dates are all fine right?

Thanks for all the input (even from the newbies)
              you are asking why your S21'S were thrown out so we dont need examples we need the dates so please tell us

1.What date did the tenancy commence?
              2. How long was the fixed term?
              3. The exact wording on the S21 that you gave to them, date issued and did it contain the words require possession after

only then can we help you.

I can see an error already above in your example, as a S21 needs the words requires possession after xxx in it. Your example states it expires on the 2nd June 2011. This means that only on the 2nd June can you make claim. Whereas if is contained the correct words you can apply for possession at any time after this date.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
                by Lawcruncher
                Just to clarify, what I meant was that the requirement comes from the tenancy terms if they include it....
                29-01-2022, 08:38 AM
              • Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
                by Piffy
                I use a Letting Agent. Recently the tenants vacated, prior to the tenants leaving when the letting agent did an inspection they advised the tenants that the property would need cleaning before they vacated. The tenants have now left, the place does need a good clean, the Letting Agents have said that...
                27-01-2022, 11:30 AM
              • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
                by Flashback1966
                or just work hard and hopefully take an early retirement.

You can't predict the future. Things always go in cycle. They want to get rid of Section 21, so you may be unable to get your property back. You may end up working and subsidising your rentals....
                29-01-2022, 03:42 AM
              • Reply to Renting rooms
                by DoricPixie
                It wasn't so much tat as a ground for eviction for PRT is wanting to move into the property (for now). It was more that I'd put my heart and soul into making the property nice and it wasn't being cared for as well as I would have liked. I didn't like being at the mercy of a letting agent either particularly...
                28-01-2022, 18:03 PM
              • Renting rooms
                by Luke
                I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
                I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
                I do not intend to live at the property
                Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
                As its...
                28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
              • Reply to Renting rooms
                by DoricPixie
                I've had unoccupied insurance whilst I was overseas before. It was challenging finding an insurer as a non-UK resident but I did find one and the premium wasn't horrific. I did have to have someone go and check on the property every week as a condition of the insurance and luckily I had someone to...
                28-01-2022, 17:59 PM
              • Reply to Renting rooms
                by theartfullodger
                Just be careful with insurance. Empty properties are a "challenge"
                28-01-2022, 17:57 PM
              • Reply to Renting rooms
                by Hudson01
                If i were in this position then i would do the same, there is far too much risk thesedays if you wish to move back into it, either accept the risk and rent is as it really is with an AST or leave it empty....
                28-01-2022, 16:38 PM
              • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
                by jpkeates
                That document is out of date and, in a lot of places, possibly as a consequence, now wrong or misleading.

The concept of individually negotiated clauses is now deprecated in consumer law.
                The OFT no longer exists and it's successor, the CMA, has withdrawn its advice about unfair terms...
                28-01-2022, 16:18 PM
              Working...
              X