Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best way to have a good LL Tenant relationship

Hi to all Members

Many of us have been let down by either bad Tenants or bad LLs.
    list down the best way to have a good relationship
    Am I right to say that it really takes two to Tango or is it always the other side who is wrong?

Landlords could:

Be considerate and efficient when maintenance problems arise.

Ensure the property is presented in good order from the start.

Use an agent that has a good reputation in the area.

Tenants could:

Ensure that all problems are reported in good time e.g. minor leaks don't turn into falling down ceilings. (I know that obviously if they aren't there it's impossible).

Ensure that rent is paid on time, every time.

Keep the property in good order (easily maintained if the property was in good order to begin with!)

Overall, I think it comes down to:

Tenants are entitled to live in peace at the property.

Landlords expect that the rent will be paid on time, in full

Tenants expect to live in a well maintained property.

Landlords should expect fair wear and tear in a property.

Landlords should realise that properties will require repairs and that it's not always the tenants fault if something breaks!

That's just my opinions though

Comment

Originally posted by samantha1609 View Post
      Landlords should realise that properties will require repairs and that it's not always the tenants fault if something breaks!
      Would like to add: Tenants should realise that it is not always the LANDLORDS fault if something breaks, and they should realise that it takes time to arrange these repairs.
      Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

Sorry, missed that one!

Comment

And good communication. no-one can resolve issues if they don't communicate - even when things seem to have gone wrong
          Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Tenants should pay their rent in full and on time. (None of this HB paid in arrears nonsense.)

Tenants should treat the landlord's property as carefully as they would their own.

Tenants should report problems to the landlord as soon as possible to prevent further damage.

Landlords should let their property in tip top condition.

Landlords should respond to problems as soon as possible to prevent further damage.

Landlords should return tenants' deposits in full and not quibble about unavoidable wear and tear.

Everyone should know, understand and respect everyone else's rights.

Comment

Hardly the Tenants fault if this is the way HB is paid by the Local Authority.

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
              (None of this HB paid in arrears nonsense.)
              Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Regardless of who is at fault paying rent late does not create a good landlord tenant relationship.

Comment

With respect, if the LL knows at the time of creating the tenancy that the tenant is claiming HB then he knows and therefore, by creating the tenancy accepts it's going to be paid in arrears.

If he doesn't want to accept that the rent is paid in arrears then he shouldn't create a tenancy with HB claimants.

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                  Regardless of who is at fault paying rent late does not create a good landlord tenant relationship.

Comment

It's down to the nature of the landlord and the tenant

A good landlord - tenant relationship starts with the nature of the landlord and the tenant. If you have a landlord who hates and despises his tenants (and in my experience quite a few do maybe because of bad experiences), that is not a good start. And there are tenants out there with an unpleasant nature. I will not take tenants who appear to be unpleasant, impolite, aggressive, over-demanding, prickly, miserable etc. etc. Why make being a landlord a hassle?

I can't think of any tenant I've had a bad relationship with - out of many hundreds. Of course, there have been a few disagreements over the years but they've been amicable. That comes from me being a decent landlord and from choosing decent tenants.
                    Your home is wide open to burglars unless you put in place a full range of effective home security measures.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X