Very short term lets - 2 nights +

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Very short term lets - 2 nights +

    I've started offering very short term lets after getting fed up with paying extravagant agents fees.

    Realised I didn't do a lot of digging into the legal side of this. But now that I am I'm finding it hard to find any information, though I realise not many people are offering it.

    As people are very interested in renting apartments or houses with the convenience of hotel, can anyone offer any advice as to what sort of contract / booking form I should use?

    As an addendum to this, I'd also like to start managing other peoples apartments in the same manner. The main question here is what type of contract to have with the owner.

    I will be giving the owner a fixed rental, inclusive of bills, per month and then trying to find a profit for myself through short term lettings. The advantage for the owner being that they don't suddenly get a costly 'dark' period.

    Can I get away with it being called a managed let instead of a sub-let?


    Holiday let

    For the short lets you have in mind, your tenants should be asked to sign a holiday let agreement.


      Thanks for that. I've down loaded a blank copy of the Holiday Let Agreement.

      Does this usually get sent to a prospective tenant ahead of the booking or when they arrive?

      I can forsee times when you'll want to sign the agreement when they arrive but the witness is sometimes a problem. You don't want to keep asking neighbours or concierges and some people just plain don't want to put their name to anything.


        Where did you get this agreement from? Seems inappropriate.

        Since when did you require someone to witness your signature when booking into a hotel?


          I got the agreement from a website called CLICKDOCS.CO.UK.

          Have I wasted my money?!

          I would love to have same agreement without the need for a witness signature and address. Or perhaps it's all inappropriate?

          Where should I get the right agreement from?

          Thanks for your help.


          Latest Activity