Being evicted because of Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being evicted because of Bankruptcy

Can anyone help me please? we have lived in our property over 28 years as protected tenants. My husband whom the tenancy agreement is held by went bankrupt in june this year , the land lady died in january this year and her family i assume have taken on her properties.. we had a letter today saying they want us out with in 14 days because of the bankruptcy.. can they do this as we have never ever been in arrears with the rent?? Any advice would be great . thank you

I don't believe that they can under these circumstances and are just trying it on - even if you did not have a protected tenancy, the law requires them to give you two months notice. After all the property they have inherited is a lot more valuable to them without you and your husband in it! Eventually they will discover the strong position that you are in so long as you continue to pay the rent and will hopefully leave you alone. Any more problems, please post back here. Just ensure that you have evidence that your rent is being paid (rent book, bank statement or written receipt.)

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X