Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Over From Letting Agent

Hi,

I have a pretty useless letting agent and after seeking legal advice to make sure he has broken the contract, would like to take over immediately until i have the time to find a better agency.

Ideally i would also like the tennant out (for various reasons) but if the agent wont re-house her and she remains in my property then i have a few questions.

1) Do i need to complete any official form to request the tennant to pay rent direct to me rather than the method she currently uses with the agent?
    2) What do i need to do in terms of the bond? I believe its held by a third party and therefore can this be easily transferred to me from the agent or does it have to be returned to the tennant and we sort another one out?

Any other advice you think i'd need would help a lot.

thanks.....

Write to yiur tenant and request that they now pay their rent direct to you giving appropriate bank account details.
    Carefully check the terms and conditions of the terms of business of your "useless" agent which will tell you how you can end your relationship with him. On doing this, he should make the tenant's deposit available to you to be put in your own scheme. Then write to your tenent giving him the revised "essential information" with regard to the new deposit protection arrangements.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Also ensure that you serve T with new 'contact' details for L- i.e. by Notices under:
      a. section 3 of LTA 1985; and
      b. section 48 of LTA 1987.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X