Can I Enter The Property On The 28th Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Enter The Property On The 28th Day

Hello, i have been to court to evict the non paying tenant and she is due to leave on the 25th october (tomorrow).
    The neighbours have phoned and said they think she has left, i have driven past the house at night and it looks like there is no one there.

I Have arranged the locksmith to go around tomorrow and change the locks.

Am i within my rights to do this, or do i have to wait unitil after 14 days?

PLease help!!!!
    Last edited by Polly; 24-10-2006, 09:44 AM. Reason: want to put 'urgent' in title

Originally posted by Polly View Post
    Hello, i have been to court to evict the non paying tenant and she is due to leave on the 25th october (tomorrow).
    The neighbours have phoned and said they think she has left, i have driven past the house at night and it looks like there is no one there.

I Have arranged the locksmith to go around tomorrow and change the locks.

Am i within my rights to do this, or do i have to wait unitil after 14 days?

PLease help!!!!
    I can't see why you would have to wait, after all the tenant has vacated the property by the date stated.

Don't forget to do your inventory check-out as well. I know you have little chance of recovering any money from your non-paying ex-tenant but it'd be worth doing anyway, to allow you to assess the extent of any damage that may have been done.

And as a suggestion, why don't you change the locks yourself? It's usually a simple job and will cost you a LOT less than getting a locksmith in, seeing as you would be unlikely to get the locksmith fees paid by anyone else.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X