Getting deposit back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting deposit back

We moved out over 6 weeks ago and have been waiting for a letter from the deposit scheme to agree or not to the amount we would get back. We haven't heard anything so i called the DPS and they said the landlord/agent haven't put any claim in or anything and that we need to start the repayment. Apparently when we've put the repayment claim in the landlord/agent have 14 days to respond..........but what happens then? what if they dont respond? or what if they do? Thanks

I suggest you ask the regular posters from LLZ who are now at moneysavingexpert.com

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3229366

The deposit rules are not as simple as they seem at first reading. The procedures are not always seemingly fair.

It can be costly to start action of you sart the wrong action, or start an action for the wrong reasons as one member here found out recently, I think they lost thousands of pounds, AND did not get the deposit or the 3x penalty.

Speak to westminster and others on mse before you do anything.

pm
    Before acting on forum advice, you may wish to consult an expert, someone who has all the relevant facts, and who accepts liability for their advice.

Comment

this is the same reply you used on my other different query. Thanks but it doesnt really help to answer my question.

Comment

Actually it will answer your question if you follow the link. The problem is that the rules and regualtions on deposits are not as simple as they appear. Many people have lost a lot of money taking ill advised action. In the temporary, I hope it is temporary, absence from here of those best qualified to advise you, I have told you where you might get that qualified advice.

If you can't be bothered, that is up to you. Horses and water etc.

atb and have a good day, it is beautiful here.

pm
        Before acting on forum advice, you may wish to consult an expert, someone who has all the relevant facts, and who accepts liability for their advice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X