Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Whizz
    replied
    Saturday 8/9 till 1pm - Sundays as far as i know "no works are to be carried out" however if a council wants to work - they can (strange huh) If your tenants want to complain about working on a Sunday to Environmental Health they will be unable to untill 6 or so PM as nobody will be on the switchboard by that time - the damage is done!

Leave a comment:

• kooo
    replied
    what about repair works though? anyways im also looking for some tenants/landlord rights, rules regulations etc. for example, the tenant has the right to ... and the landlord has the right to ... like things involving eviction

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    Originally posted by bob11 View Post
    i need to do building works but some tenants are disagreeing to this claiming that it is illegal to work on weekends in lambeth-could someone please tell me if this is true?
    I don't think so. But it's often a condition of planning permission that works in residential areas are not carried out at weekends, so (a) that might confuse people into thinking it's actually illegal and (b) if it was illegal per se, there would be no reason to insert this condition into planning permissions.

That said, there might be local bye-laws to this effect in Lambeth, who knows? Furthemore, if you did undertake extensive, noisy, and prolonged works at a weekend to the objection of neighbours, it would be very likely that ultimately you'd get jumped on by the local environmental health dept.

Leave a comment:

• pippay
    replied
    and I'm pretty certain those regs cover Sundays certainly, but not sure about Saturdays. Just don't know what the regulations are

I suppose it also depends on what "building" works the Op wants to do ?

Originally posted by MrShed View Post
    Ahh that would make more sense must admit I would be surprised if this were the case however. There are certainly regulations on what time of night and morning works should go on to and commence, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• MrShed
    replied
    Ahh that would make more sense must admit I would be surprised if this were the case however. There are certainly regulations on what time of night and morning works should go on to and commence, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• pippay
    replied
    I seem to recall some previous posts stating that it was illegal to do BUILDING works on a Sunday so it may be worth searching the form for that.

The best way to find out for sure is ask your Local Authority or Environmental Health Department as I understand it's them that deal with those kind of breaches in regulations.

Leave a comment:

• MrShed
    replied
    Are you looking for something specific? The only "lists" are the housing acts and related legal acts, which are very heavy reading!

Leave a comment:

• bob11
    replied
    thanks... is there anywhere i can get a list of housing/tenancy rules and regulations or rights? i would appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• MrShed
    replied
    Well, are there any shops open in lambeth on a weekend? There is your answer

Leave a comment:

• bob11
    started a topic is it illegal to work on weekends?

is it illegal to work on weekends?

hello people, i need to do building works but some tenants are disagreeing to this claiming that it is illegal to work on weekends in lambeth-could someone please tell me if this is true? would appreciate it. thank you

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Refurbishments / Unhappy Tenant
    by Jon66
    I can't believe this is plastic. You can't play on a plastic washboard ­čĄö...
    28-01-2021, 01:18 AM
  • Refurbishments / Unhappy Tenant
    by london91
    Hello,

We live in a two bedroom property in London. I moved in early next year and my housemate moved in shortly after. The landlord said the kitchen would be updated by September, however due to the pandemic and financial reasons, she pushed it back to January 2021. The kitchen and bathroom...
    27-01-2021, 19:38 PM
  • Any complications caused from leaseholder refurbishing communal parts
    by leaseholder56
    We are one of 2 leaseholders, converting an office building into 3 flats. The freeholder and other leaseholder, have agreed for us to refurbish the communal parts. We are aware of all the required building & fire regulations. Until now, we've simply split the cost between us, the leaseholders....
    27-01-2021, 23:22 PM
    by JK0
    Did you notice that is in the 'musical instruments' section of Amazon, Nukecad?

Maybe o/p can learn to play it while his Mrs is at the launderette. ...
    27-01-2021, 22:50 PM
    by ash72
    Unfortunately, you were told when the works would start and that anyone would know that there would be disruption with noise and dust when the works are being carried out. You just need to live with it until it is finished and then enjoy the new kitchen in peace and quiet.

There is no harm...
    27-01-2021, 22:50 PM
  • Reply to Total Nightmare
    by ash72
    Any company that thinks they can get them out is fooling you, and just taking your money. Due to the lack of knowledge and experience, the law is on the T's side in this case. I hope you have protected any deposit, EPC, etc, otherwise you may be ending up paying them money in compensation.
    27-01-2021, 22:42 PM
  • Total Nightmare
    by HLGGG
    This is my partner's property so am writing on his behalf.

He rented his house to a friend.. did not get a tenancy agreement signed..I know,, I know

Then his friend left leaving the house to his gf and small child. We attempted a section 21 but the company were awful and it...
    27-01-2021, 15:22 PM
  • Reply to Buying the Freehold
    by ash72
    Being the freeholder of a small block may not be for you, there's are guidelines and procedures you need to follow, for example when the ground rent or service charge is payable. The insurance of the building, what to do when of the flat's doesn't pay. Annual accounts, the list is endless based on your...
    27-01-2021, 22:37 PM
  • Buying the Freehold
    by Kellyd
    Hello. Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I am utterly confused as to where to post this.
    I own a flat, which I rent out. I have owned it for almost a year.
    It's a top floor flat in a building with approx 4 other flats.
    I have a 125 year lease.

I've been sent a letter...
    27-01-2021, 12:39 PM
  • Reply to Tenancy Deposit Dispute - what are my rights please?
    by ash72
    Go through the adjudication process of the TDS, with the evidence, the LL can have any figure they want but it would be for your agree or disagree with, if you disagree then it's moved to claims handler at TDS who will ultimately have finally say and verdict. If you have and documentations that says...
    27-01-2021, 22:30 PM
Working...
X