is it illegal to work on weekends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it illegal to work on weekends?

hello people, i need to do building works but some tenants are disagreeing to this claiming that it is illegal to work on weekends in lambeth-could someone please tell me if this is true? would appreciate it. thank you

Well, are there any shops open in lambeth on a weekend? There is your answer
    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

thanks... is there anywhere i can get a list of housing/tenancy rules and regulations or rights? i would appreciate it.

Comment

Are you looking for something specific? The only "lists" are the housing acts and related legal acts, which are very heavy reading!
        Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

I seem to recall some previous posts stating that it was illegal to do BUILDING works on a Sunday so it may be worth searching the form for that.

The best way to find out for sure is ask your Local Authority or Environmental Health Department as I understand it's them that deal with those kind of breaches in regulations.
          Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Ahh that would make more sense must admit I would be surprised if this were the case however. There are certainly regulations on what time of night and morning works should go on to and commence, respectively.

Comment

and I'm pretty certain those regs cover Sundays certainly, but not sure about Saturdays. Just don't know what the regulations are

I suppose it also depends on what "building" works the Op wants to do ?

Originally posted by MrShed View Post
              Ahh that would make more sense must admit I would be surprised if this were the case however. There are certainly regulations on what time of night and morning works should go on to and commence, respectively.
              Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Originally posted by bob11 View Post
                i need to do building works but some tenants are disagreeing to this claiming that it is illegal to work on weekends in lambeth-could someone please tell me if this is true?
                I don't think so. But it's often a condition of planning permission that works in residential areas are not carried out at weekends, so (a) that might confuse people into thinking it's actually illegal and (b) if it was illegal per se, there would be no reason to insert this condition into planning permissions.

That said, there might be local bye-laws to this effect in Lambeth, who knows? Furthemore, if you did undertake extensive, noisy, and prolonged works at a weekend to the objection of neighbours, it would be very likely that ultimately you'd get jumped on by the local environmental health dept.

Comment

what about repair works though? anyways im also looking for some tenants/landlord rights, rules regulations etc. for example, the tenant has the right to ... and the landlord has the right to ... like things involving eviction

Comment

Saturday 8/9 till 1pm - Sundays as far as i know "no works are to be carried out" however if a council wants to work - they can (strange huh) If your tenants want to complain about working on a Sunday to Environmental Health they will be unable to untill 6 or so PM as nobody will be on the switchboard by that time - the damage is done!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X