• Show
Clear All

• davidjohnbutton
    replied
    TPDO = Third Party Debt Order

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    I'm uncertain what you mean by 'TPDO'; but, yes, many assets can be attached. Some cannot**.
    One problem is what 'pension plan' encompasses. Superannuation schemes come in various types.
    Start by reading the Scheme's rules?

** e.g. National Savings (inc. Savings Certificates and Premium Savings Bonds)

Leave a comment:

• davidjohnbutton
    replied
    I thought my title apt to what happened. Anyway, now youve popped up Jeffrey - can a pension plan be attached via a TPDO?????

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    "What a carry-on" is also a bit unhelpful. What would be a good title to indicate its contents?

Leave a comment:

• davidjohnbutton
    replied
    Thats strange - when I started this thread I entitled it "What a carry-on" it seems to have been renamed as "Eviction-hearing-problems-and-Court-delays" - the hearing and court delays have nothing to do with it as there wernne any unusual or lengthy delays involved!!!!! Moderator explain please???????

Leave a comment:

• Oligarch
    replied
    Really interesting post. I can't believe the stupidity of changing the law to pay HB to tenants directly. Isn't it time, with change of Government, that the NLA et al lobby Parliament to reverse this nonsense?

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    Hi DJB

As we are on a forum the only possible reason is to post an offensive post, not sure which one or when. TaB can get a bit fruity on times - but Banning is over the top - have looked at last 100 or so of her posts and see nothing that IMO warrants being chucked off.
    But hey - it's not my site !

The Rodent

Leave a comment:

• davidjohnbutton
    replied
    Selby area York. Whats MTG done wrong anyway?????

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    Originally posted by davidjohnbutton View Post
    Landlord very glad to get rid of them - 6 bedroom house @ £750/month so its quite a loss for this first time landlord.
    Oh My Word....

This was the most upsetting part for me ....which part of the uk can you get a 6 bed house for £750 in ??????

I have several ....ABSOLUTE MIN £1200pcm ON A LONG TERM DEAL ........£1500-£1800 is what i generally get ...

Leave a comment:

• davidjohnbutton
    started a topic Eviction hearing problems and Court delays

Eviction hearing problems and Court delays

Did an eviction for a client Monday - the tenants were unmarried male and female with 4 children between them. Anyway, normal court papers served on S8, they didnt appear at court, so judge granted 14 days.
    Made contact with tenants or so I thought - male (M) sees me outside house says F's mother will get the money sorted (£4500) and makes appointment for me to see them in few days time, then he cancels appointment with both me and Homlessness officer at council saying father died. I then lose contact for several days after which I send text messages to 2 known mobile nos asking for them to phone me. M then recontacts makes new appointment which he then cancels as fathers funeral (found this all to be untrue, father died 2007)
    During this time, 2 letters sent, notices from court sent to both M and F. I get suspicious that possibility that M telling porkies about death/money/F knowing of court case, so send mssg to F mobile telling her to contact me.

Ultimatum letter hand delivered - see M again then order Warrant Possession which is eventually sorted 6 weeks later which was Monday - nothing in between, no payments from Hsg Benefit or tenants.

Then - I get phone call 9am morning of eviction set down for 11 a.m. from F who says she had no idea till that morning eviction taking place. Mother comes on phone, says she can sort money - I agree meet her at hse 3/4 hour before eviction - when I turn up, changed mind, possibly going to walk away from it.

Bailiff attends, hands over possession and we sit and wait in house for F mother to speak to F father for decision. They move 2 young todders out of house after 3 hours.
    Eventually they say cannot make decision until tomorrow, so I ask them to leave, change locks and regroup Tuesday which they do. 8am Tuesday get call, they coming with van to remove goods. M tenant has disappeared.

Eventually all but rubbish removed apart from 4 TV;s - garage full to brim of rubbish, every room stuff left in abandoned despite me requesting they get skip at their cost.
    Landlords lost £4500 plus cost of me attending for 2 days plus about £500 to clear rubbish. No point siezing stuff out of house either on hp or belongs to kids.

Then I find HB cheque stub in drawer whilst looking for screwdriver to change locks and also letter from bailiff re eviction - how come F did not see these in kitchen drawer???? So theyve pocketed something in the order of £380 a fortnight HB despite it having been paid to LL before due to arrears then HB stopped - obviously reinstated and sent to Tenant instead of LL as before so council has got some questions to answer!!!!

Mother of F has go at me for not making her daughter aware of proceedings - I said papers properly served and if she had phoned me on receipt of texts I would have explained situation but could not phone blind or explain in text due to privacy issues and DPA law - not my fault if partner decieves her - plenty of paperwork to suggest rent arrears/court summons, decision of court/my letters etc. as well as bailiff eviction appointment. F said she thought rent being paid.

Landlord very glad to get rid of them - 6 bedroom house @ £750/month so its quite a loss for this first time landlord.

At least there was no violence or threats which I expected in M had been present so I took 2 henchmen with me just in case!!!!!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X