X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjlandlord
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesknight0 View Post
    Put the new kitchen in when the guy has gone.
    Agreed.
    Especially that the tenant may refuse access and that as you mention that the property will be unhabitable during the work you will have to re-house the tenant.

I have given my tenant a Section 8 notice to leave my property due to the non-payment of rent and the fact that he is housing pets at the property.
    What grounds did you use? How much rent is owed?

There's no way you'll get possession because the tenant has a cat...

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    I wouldn't put a new kitchen in for a tenant I am evicting. He may find some spiteful way of sabotaging or damaging it that you won't find out until he is gone.

Off the top of my head, I can think of:

1.) Putting fish behind kickboards
    2.) Drilling a small hole in a waste pipe or sink
    3.) Stealing a handle or some part that will be difficult/impossible to source

Put the new kitchen in when the guy has gone.

Leave a comment:

• amerryweather1
    started a topic Advice would be appreciated

Advice would be appreciated

I have given my tenant a Section 8 notice to leave my property due to the non-payment of rent and the fact that he is housing pets at the property. The deadline is 12April and I have a feeling he will not move out.

The following week I am having a new kitchen installed by my insurance company, because of a flood caused by the tenant's cat which turned a tap on while he was away causing a major flood.

I am fully aware that I cannot physically evict him, but I have given proper notice and he is aware of the kitchen work and start date.

My question is - can the kitchen installation go ahead even if the tenant has not moved out? Obviously it means the property is effectively unhabitable for a week or so. Would it be illegal to alllow the work to be done?

When the property was drying out the insurance company paid for the rent and the tenant moved out. Now that he is in possession of a Section 8 I imagine the insurance company is no longer liable...
    Many thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to S21 served expired EPC!
    by Kape65
    Gov.uk says "You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent." A simplistic view I know but if you didn't market the property you don't officially need one.
    24-09-2021, 09:13 AM
  • S21 served expired EPC!
    by Worriednow
    Hi All
    Hope you can help. I served a S21 notice on my tenants giving them 6 months notice to leave. The actual tenancy expired in August 2021 but with the Covid rules i had to give 6 months notice which means they have to be out by November.

The notice was served May this year but...
    23-09-2021, 20:02 PM
    by jpkeates
    I think you have fundamentally misunderstood the responses that you have received.

Do what you think best....
    24-09-2021, 09:02 AM
  • Reply to Using a rental guarantee agency
    by jpkeates
    If someone sent me a message like that, they'd be blocked and ignored forever.
    24-09-2021, 09:01 AM
  • Using a rental guarantee agency
    by Luke
    I am the LL to a three bedroom property in London which is currently empty as the previous tenants moved out .
    I am having difficulty getting back to the U.K at the moment because I am abroad in a Covid red zone Country ,
    I have contacted an agency who have visited the property and given...
    22-09-2021, 11:54 AM
  • Reply to Using a rental guarantee agency
    by Luke
    The agency guy made me an offer which was quite below the market rate , I was considering the offer and two days later he asked me what I have decided to do . I apologized for not replying earlier as I had been busy sorting my tenancy agreement out .
    He replied "You MISUNDERSTOOD I gave...
    24-09-2021, 08:34 AM
    by Worriednow
    Unfortunately I simply renewed the tenancy like I have been on a yearly basis. So when I last renewed with them I didn't give a EPC, we just renewed amicably. It's only since serving the S21 notice that I realised I should have given them the EPC when they renewed last year, except it had already expired...
    24-09-2021, 08:25 AM
  • Reply to Utilities Account Manager
    by michaelwgroves
    I was with Spark for my home for several years, now park of OVO. I remember it was fine. I might call them to see what they can do...
    24-09-2021, 08:20 AM
  • Utilities Account Manager
    by michaelwgroves
    I have a large portfolio, I got tired of spending ours on the phone each week managing utilities between tenancies. I found a utility company that gave me a dedicated account team. I simply email the tenancy change and it gets sorted. However, there are a few challenges they are struggling to overcome,...
    22-09-2021, 07:15 AM
  • Reply to Dispute deposit based on damage that landlord didn't repair?
    by Hooper
    Sounds like a poor LL. But if the damage is not noted on check-in and is listed on check out, then rightly or wrongly the evidence is in LL favour, surely?

If there was damage at check-in and it was not noted on the report, then it is the tenant's responsibility to have the report amended....
    24-09-2021, 08:08 AM
Working...
X