Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accelerated Possession Proceedings by Executors

I have another 2 detailed questions.

The property I posted earlier about repossessing was rented out in my dad's name (on the rental agreement), and he died 18 months ago.

So the Tenancy Agreement is in a different name from my mum who is seeking possession (owner).

Will that complicate things, and do I need to attach a Death Certificate plus Proof of Probate, or proof that she owns the property (a copy of Land Registry doc, perhaps)?

And one other, hopefully the last - the printed Court Form won't reproduce the Coat of Arms properly. Does this matter? (ie are some Judges petty about such things?).

That's it - I think :-)

ML
    Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

You have several previous posts with assorted questions, perhaps you can link, ot ideally post this question on the same thread.
    If ownership is likely to be questioned during repossession hearing, I would supply Certified copies of Death Certificate, Grant of Probate, and father's Will to establish change of ownership and named Executors. Until father's estate is settled, the Executors are temp 'owners' acting solely as agents for the deceased & for the beneficiaries IMO
    If mother was sole benficiary of property and Tx has been registered with land registry (not nec reqd) then she is the owner.

Comment

The previous thread was here:

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ssession-Order

Thanks.

ML
      Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

So why not add this to it?
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X