Section 21 1 b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 1 b

Does this have to be signed by the LL? If I give this to my tenants seconds after signing the 6 month fixed term tenancy and request them to sign to receipt a copy for my records is this acceptable?

Originally posted by bellahop View Post
    Does this have to be signed by the LL? If I give this to my tenants seconds after signing the 6 month fixed term tenancy and request them to sign to receipt a copy for my records is this acceptable?
    It doesn't have to be signed by anyone, and yes, if there is no deposit, it can be served seconds after the tenancy begins. You can ask them to sign a copy - but they have no obligation to.

HOWEVER
    1) If there is a deposit, it can not be served until the deposit is protected
    2) You will need proof that it was served after the tenancy began. If it was the same day, this may be difficult.

What is the hurry? Why do you want to say "I'm kicking you out" to someone who may become your best ever tenant?

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
      It doesn't have to be signed by anyone, and yes, if there is no deposit, it can be served seconds after the tenancy begins. You can ask them to sign a copy - but they have no obligation to.

HOWEVER
      1) If there is a deposit, it can not be served until the deposit is protected**
      2) You will need proof that it was served after the tenancy began. If it was the same day, this may be difficult.
      3. If it's an HMO that is licensable by Local Housing Authority, it must be licensed- or s.21 is unavailable.

**: and L has given the prescribed information to T.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by bellahop View Post
        If I were them i'd be happy to do what you want to do, as it will be 99% be invalid, as the chances of you protecting the deposit, and giving me the prescribed information within seconds of receiving my deposit would be slim to nil.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

I'm a good tenant with great landlords
          I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
            And OP should note that the tenancy doesn't begin until the T physically moves in, so if a s.21 is served before then, it'll be invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by Brb View Post
              Very clever- all your own work?
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                Very clever- all your own work?
                Not entirely. I used to have time for hobbies (card crafting) and still know ppl that do. I took a friend's card and photoshopped their text out and added mine in (aka a tweak).

My current LLs sent me a card at the start of my tenancy. They normally leave a bottle of wine for Ts but as they know I barely drink instead left money for a takeaway Just had a £2K boiler fitted free for them as I qualified for a warm front grant.

Whilst it's nice to be important - it's important to be nice.
                I'm a good tenant with great landlords
                I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X