T persistently pays rent late; what can L do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Artful, I agree with APs last sentence. You need to build up some reserves or 'working capital'. Being a landlord is a business, you need to work in a business like manner to protect yourself, if no-one else.

BTL is not an easy way to acquire a house and have someone else pay the mortgage!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to My tenant lied to me
      by theartfullodger
      As a stupid landlord I take grave exception to your slur, Sir!

Next week, amazing, unexpected, revelations that from time2time landlords lie to tenants.............. and agents from time2time lie to landlords AND tenants... and MPs & a particular special adviser seem to lie to most...
      03-06-2020, 16:22 PM
    • My tenant lied to me
      by Uklondoner
      My tenant lied to me saying he missed the first universal credit payment. But actually according to one of my friend the payment normally only take two weeks to come directly to the bank account. What can I do? Can I find a way to let the universal credit directly make overdue rent payment? I really...
      03-06-2020, 09:54 AM
    • Reply to Access to sheds
      by DPT57
      Possibly, although I was basing my comment on this phrase in the original post:...
      03-06-2020, 16:21 PM
    • Access to sheds
      by endymion
      Hi. We have been renting a flat for the past decade under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The flat is one of five in a single block. The back garden contains a large outbuilding comprising ten sheds. Implicitly, then, two sheds per flat. The inventory does contain the wording 'Garages, Sheds, Outbuildings:'...
      03-06-2020, 10:09 AM
      by Uklondoner
      Thanks so much !...
      03-06-2020, 16:21 PM
      by AndrewDod
      Then you need to go the route I said. Unless there is a lease which specifically defines the demise of Flat X that includes the shed(s) there is no reason at all to explicitly exclude anything....
      03-06-2020, 16:17 PM
      by nukecad
      As it's UC then as a landlord you need to submit a form UC47 to apply to the DWP for a 'Managed Payments to Landlord', which can include an amount for arrears.
      However any repayment of arrears granted will be on a 'pay back at so much a month' basis.

UC47's can now be submitted online....
      03-06-2020, 15:51 PM
      by endymion
      Well, partly, but mainly I'm considering whether the sheds would have to be explicitly excluded from the tenancy in the AST. It's a question of what would be considered the default position in law....
      03-06-2020, 14:53 PM
      by endymion
      Interesting. I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. Nonetheless, if the deeds stipulate that the sheds are part of the flat, rather than communal, surely that's quite a different matter....
      03-06-2020, 14:52 PM
      by MdeB
      I believe the OP is coming from the position of:
      • The LL has granted us the right, beyond the tenancy agreement, to use two sheds.
      • Would the law consider that having granted that use, the LL cannot unilaterally withdraw the use of those sheds?
      03-06-2020, 14:48 PM
    Working...
    X