Furniture left by tenant on vacating property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furniture left by tenant on vacating property

Any help gratefully received. My tenant has complied with my Section 21 Notice, vacating the property and leaving the keys inside. He has left no forwarding address or phone number, but has left what appears to be all his furniture in the house and garage. (This was an unfurnished letting.)

I desperately need to carry out internal decoration throughout in preparation for selling, and I doubt if I can do this with his furniture in situ, certainly not without the risk of damaging it.

Does anyone know what my legal obligations are with regards to safe storage or disposal of the furniture please? Thanks again for any information.

Originally posted by andy1949 View Post
    Does anyone know what my legal obligations are with regards to safe storage or disposal of the furniture please?
    Try this:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/uncollected_goods.htm

You could have the stuff moved out and stored, and the tenant would be liable for the charges; however if you think you're unlikely to get paid back that route would probably be worth avoiding.

Can you not move all the furniture etc into the middle of the room, and the cover the lot with a big polythene sheet while the decorating is going on? That would buy you a fair bit of time, hopefully?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X