X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
    Your agreement remains monthly, no matter how frequently the tenant actually pays their rent.

Your chances of obtaining a section 8 eviction under grounds 10 & 11 are slim, so if you can afford to, I would be inclined to accept the situation better regular (late) rent than no rent at all.
    I agree, but (daggas66):
    a. do NOT confirm that to T in writing;
    b. agree orally only; and
    c. stress that this is a temporary concession that you can at any time withdraw.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    If T has your bank details he can anyway surely pay as & when he likes... bank xfer, SO.. and you'd both have good records kept @ someone else's expense

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Your agreement remains monthly, no matter how frequently the tenant actually pays their rent.

Your chances of obtaining a section 8 eviction under grounds 10 & 11 are slim, so if you can afford to, I would be inclined to accept the situation better regular (late) rent than no rent at all.

Leave a comment:

• daggas66
    started a topic Tenant wishes to pay weekly - advice required

Tenant wishes to pay weekly - advice required

T been renting since Dec on AST (12 months). Jan rent late, and Feb late then paid in 3 installments. I have now received a letter from T stating from Mar 9th they will be paying weekly (although rent is due on the 4th and still nothing received).

Should I be kicking back and citing the terms of the tenancy agreement, or compromise to maybe make it easier for them to manage finances and pay rent?

My concern with the latter is how it affects the existing agreement stating monthly rent, and guarantor deed that is also in place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X