Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewbyLouis View Post
    Thanks for that.

The support & advice you have given has been wonderful. What an excellent adversary you have been for landlordzone.co.uk
    It was perfectly valid advice to be fair.

I wanted to second MTG's comments about ID. I always get my tenants to bring a photocopy of their ID and the ID itself when I check them in. I then check the photocopy against the original, hand the original back and keep the copy on file. 1 year after the T leaves the property, I delete the copy I hold.

Just a sensible precaution really. I have this old fashioned idea that I like to know who exactly is living in my property.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
      It was perfectly valid advice to be fair.

I wanted to second MTG's comments about ID. I always get my tenants to bring a photocopy of their ID and the ID itself when I check them in. I then check the photocopy against the original, hand the original back and keep the copy on file. 1 year after the T leaves the property, I delete the copy I hold.

Just a sensible precaution really. I have this old fashioned idea that I like to know who exactly is living in my property.

Thanks for adding clarity. I agree with your comments & that of LesleyAnne regarding witnessing that you pointed out. However, I would recommend that some of the regulars lay off the vino instead of trying to label every new person a troll because whilst under the influence they do not understand what the concern or issue is.

I have now sought proper advice/thoughts from helpful sources external of landlordzone to help me with the current situation today.

However, I will keep your comments in mind for the future when the need arisies again. Thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X