Harassment from neighbour, and worred about LL reaction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chillimog View Post
    I count my chickens that we don't own it. I can't see how the LL will ever sell with this guy. I'm hoping he will be sympathetic and understand that it has got the point where neither of us can stand it. It certainly sounds like he wants to keep my partner here until the building works on the loft conversion starts, but it's all v worrying. The guy downstairs is deranged - 5 hours and counting of him talking to himself and moaning today. We are both so on edge right now and the LL visit tomorrow isn't helping at all.
    So move out! I am struggling to understand what is keeping you there.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Well that's the plan. Lets hope the LL doesn't take umbridge and get rid of him first before he's found another place.

Comment

Originally posted by chillimog View Post
        Well that's the plan. Lets hope the LL doesn't take umbridge and get rid of him first before he's found another place.
        It would take the LL ages to evict him. If your partner chose to stay put when the LL's notice period ended (which he is legally entitled to do), the LL would have to apply to a court for a Possession Order, which would take at least 4-6 weeks. So even if the LL did serve him notice, he would have about 3-4 months to find somewhere else.

My point was that in his shoes, I would be out of that place like a whippet from a gate.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

That's a relief to know. He should be able to find a place by then even if it does come to worst case scenario. I imagine he'll be out by then in any case cos of loft conversion, without the probs with the neighbour. I just wanted clarification that if the worst came to the worst, my partner wouldn't be on the streets in a matter of weeks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X