tenant's gfriend problem

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    tenant's gfriend problem

    i have a tenant that moved in 20 years ago - he signed a new contract 6 months ago, with his name on it

    but his gfriend has moved in the past few months

    i'd prefer just him in there as we agreed, as she has been disturbing the neighbouring tenents

    i've politely ask her to find a new residence

    where do i stand from a legal point of view with regards to her moving?

    What does the tenancy say about subletting or guests staying.... (I can't read it from here...).

    e.g. My standard wording (albeit Scottish but ...) says...

    The Tenant agrees not to:
    i. assign this tenancy to any other person; or
    ii. sublet the accommodation in whole or in part; or
    iii. take in lodgers or paying guests; or
    iv.allow other persons to share the occupation of the premises, whether or not for payment, without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
    v. (If appropriate..) List of Names of any agreed residents other than tenant....
    I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


      She's not your tenant. You have no authority to evict her. All you can do is evict the tenant and she'd have to go when he was evicted.

      But if the T moved in in 1991, he'll have an assured tenancy unless you served a s.20 notice, and assured tenants are very difficult to evict.


        sounds like i cant do anything about it then!


          Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
          sounds like i cant do anything about it then!
          Talk to your tenant about the problems she is causing?
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations


          Latest Activity