Lha arrears...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lha arrears...help

I have had current tenant for over 2 years now, who is in receipt of housing benefit. Very soon into the agreement they went into arrears and for the last 18 months or so the council has been paying me directly. I have recently had a letter from the council saying that the tenants circumstances have changed and they will not receive the full rent as housing benefit.
    I think that this tenant is unlikely to make up the payment difference out of their own pocket given that they are already £900+ in arrears.
    If these payments are not met, what is the right protocol for gaining possession of the property?

If they are in excess of two mnths rent unpaid, then serve a Section 8 notice, and use Ground 8, 10 and possibly 11.

I would also serve a section 21 notice, which means you would get your property back minus any rent arears.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

This page may give you a brief insite into the section 8 process: http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index..._contract/0-36

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X