Selling House with Tenants - Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling House with Tenants - Advice Please

I am planning to sell a house that is rented out to students under multiple occupation. I have given the tenants a section 21 1b notice due to expire on 15th October. The new buyer is interested in keeping the tenants, but will not be exchanging until after 15th October. What is the best way to go about transferring tenancy?

My concerns are if the buyer pulls out in the last moment, I would still like the tenants to vacate for 15th October. Would it be best for me to leave things as it is and request the buyer to talk to the tenants directly (so there is no involvement from me regarding keeping the tenants, so if the deal falls through it would be at the buyer and tenants risk and not mine)?

Second question: The buyer has requested copies of the current tenancy agreements. As the agreement is between me and the tenants, do I require permission from the tenants before passing this to the buyer? How do I stand with this regarding the Data Protection Act? Thank you for your help.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X