Return of deposit/notice period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick update to this query - this is the wording I've found on my contract which covers the issue of the notice period - am I still bound by this even in a periodic tenancy? It seems very woolly!

“The Landlord or the Tenant must give the other a two months’ notice in writing to take effect after the initial term.”

Comment

Originally posted by bbanyard View Post
      Just a quick update to this query - this is the wording I've found on my contract which covers the issue of the notice period - am I still bound by this even in a periodic tenancy? It seems very woolly!

“The Landlord or the Tenant must give the other a two months’ notice in writing to take effect after the initial term.”
      No, I already answered this in the very first response to your original query!

Comment

Just to support what Eric says, just sticking something in an AST doesn't mean it overrides your statutory rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
          No, I already answered this in the very first response to your original query!
          Not quite the same thing - I thought I'd post the actual text of the contract here to see if it makes any difference - it's the "after the initial term" gubbins that's bothering me!

Comment

It could be that your initial term was only 6 months, in which case the clause wouldn't be wrong, as you would have to give 2 months' notice ending after 6 months. That doesn't change what happens now though, which is that you have to give one month ending on the last day of a rental period, landlord has to give two.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X