• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boletus View Post
    to thine own self be true,
    and it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man
    Being true to yourself is not the same as being fair or unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenJedi View Post
      So you are neither fair nor unfair?
      And yes, you have to choose, at some point in time.
      By not choosing, I have therefore made a choice.

Comment

By not choosing, I have therefore made a choice.
        A choice not to choose is not choosing. Its being indecisive,

Since being fair has generally positive consequences and is an attractive quality, we have to assume that you are an unfair person but someone who wishes to avoid declaring it, given the negative light that such an attribute is seen in.

Comment

Since being fair has generally positive consequences and is an attractive quality, we have to assume that you are an unfair person but someone who wishes to avoid declaring it, given the negative light that such an attribute is seen in.
          In which case, I will have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Comment

In which case, I will have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.
            Not outrageous...just.

Comment

Just what?
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

JD It is possible that any request for variance is above board, we can only advise the OP whether T or LL of the possible consequences based on info supplied/inferred.
                Pot HB fraud is between T & LHA provided LL is not complicit.
                In the OPs case, continued inspections should rule out nefarious intent IF he knows what to look for.
                Rather than pay rent in advance to reduce savings below benefit limits, the T could buy a Ferrrari

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                  Just what?
                  just fortune.

Comment

Why do they want to do this?
                    It is more than likely very innocent, but there is a very slight chance your tenant wants to keep you out of the way for some illegal purpose. E.g cannabis factory, brothel, multiple sublettings etc
                    I'm sure your tenants don't deserve my evil suspicions, but I've come across the above before.
                    you could be very well right on this note. My previous T wanted to pay six months up front but i refused and then luckily my neighbour rang me 3 weeks into the agreement to say they looked very suspicious. I called the police and it turned out they had made a cannabis farm!!!!!

Comment

just fortune.
                      I am sure that if Shakespeare had intended the line to end like that, he would have written it like that.

But he didn't.

The iambic pentameter would be stuffed, for a start. More significantly, the line would lose all sense in its context. Drunkenwhat's-it, you can (and do) mangle the English language as much as you want, as a rule, but please leave Shakespeare alone until you know what you're doing.
                      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                        Shakespeare
                        Who's that then?

Schaksp. Shackespeare Shackespere Shackspeare Shackspere Shagspere Shakespe Shakespe Shakespear Shake-speare Shakespeare Shakespere Shakespere Shakespheare Shakp Shakspe Shakspe~ Shakspear Shak-speare Shakspeare Shaksper Shakspere Shaxberd Shaxpeare Shaxper Shaxpere Shaxspere Shexpere

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X