Cheap carpet cleaning/cleaner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap carpet cleaning/cleaner?

Apologies if this will need to be moved.

I live in a flat with light creme coloured carpet.

It gets discoloured mostl as it is light so may just be dirty water where I tried scrubbing it.

Ideally looking for a cheap professional cleaning machine but as I want to move in a few months worried about cost, and its not too bad at moment just I like things to look best!

your nearest hire shop will have professional standard carpet cleaners for hire, probably at reasonable prices.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
      your nearest hire shop will have professional standard carpet cleaners for hire, probably at reasonable prices.
      Homebase also have carpet cleaners for hire.

Comment

I had my light beige carpets cleaned by a professional carpet cleaning company recently (100s listed online or in Yellow Pages) and they look absolutely mint. Cost £100ish for a 2 bed flat, and definitely worth it - they move your furniture for you too. I wouldn't bother with hiring a diy machine, too much hassle!

Comment

I cleaned carpets for 11 years as my FT job. The machines and chemicals you can hire are puny compared to the gear a proper carpet and upholstery cleaner SHOULD have. So-called hot water extraction (commonly and erroneously called 'steam cleaning' is the best). Note that cowboys (poor equipment and cheap chemicals and a total lack of effort!) often frequent this business so ideally choose carefully.

Comment

Yes, the guy who cleaned my carpets used a industrial hot-water extraction machine the size of a Fiat 500. They only leave the carpets slightly damp afterwards and they're dry in a few hours. DIY hire machines, I've heard, can't compete, and some can even be damaging. I reckon if you've spent a lot of money on getting decent quality carpets fitted, it's worth paying a bit more to maintain them.

Comment

The area isnt massive, if I put a bathroom mat down it would cover most of it and its just for this one room as hall and bedroom are dark carpet and kitchen and bathrooms are tiled.

The other reason I asked is the carpet was new when I moved in so couldnt afford a massive bill for cleaning like my last landlord who screwed me over and charged £75 "cleaning costs" claiming place was a tip but only showing photos of a few things like a dvd player box and some take away menus and some crumbs in one drawer so dont want to go through that again.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPalace View Post
                Yes, the guy who cleaned my carpets used a industrial hot-water extraction machine the size of a Fiat 500. They only leave the carpets slightly damp afterwards and they're dry in a few hours. DIY hire machines, I've heard, can't compete, and some can even be damaging. I reckon if you've spent a lot of money on getting decent quality carpets fitted, it's worth paying a bit more to maintain them.
                I totally agree, having tried my own Vax machine, DIY hire jobs, and a professional: the results were very much in that order. Even for cheap carpets, I think it's worth hiring a pro as the results they can achieve are astonishing I think.

But as someone else said - cowboys abound in that business unfortunately so a reliable pro may be hard to find.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X