Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Tenancy Agreement still valid?

Hi,
    I'm a landlord who has just disinstructed my Letting Agent for not doing their job. I would just like to know please if the Tenancy Agreement which they produced with me named as the Landlord and them as the Agent would still be legal & valid with the current tenants until the end of its term (5 months left)?
    I would appreciate any advice,
    Many thanks

Yes it is still valid. They were your agents only, the agreement is between you and your tenant. The agreement will still be valid even after the fixed period as well if the tenancy goes to a Statutory Periodic Tenancy.

Although you say you have sacked them they are probably still going to be entitled to their commission for the whole of the tenancy, unless there's something you have not told us.

Who is holding the deposit? Has the tenant had the prescribed information?
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

EVR80: when Agents cease their role, notify T by Notice under s.48 of LTA 1985. This shows your E&W address for service. Direct that all further rent be paid direct to you (Standing Order or BACS would be best).
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thank you for your information & advice. So far the Agent is not seeking any further payment as we confronted them with all the evidence of their mis-management of our property. We have given the tenants written notice of the change of details, we just need to now make the agent transfer the deposit (which is with the DPS) into our name. Fingers crossed - thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X