X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• westminster
    replied
    Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post

In the mean time, several posters have been trying to acertain the situation with your deposit. I can't work out if you paid one, but this page may prove interesting: http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index..._protected/0-4
    OP did pay a deposit.

Originally posted by Labtec81 View Post
    Not sure if this helps also but here are all the dates we've paid rent since we moved in, the time between all rental payments is 4 weeks exactly

29th June 2009 (the date we moved in) PAID 1 months RENT PAID IN ADVANCE WITH A BOND PAID EQUIVALENT TO 1 MONTHS RENT
    27th July 2009
    24th August 2009
    21th September 2009
    19th October 2009
    16th November 2009
    14th December 2009 etc

Leave a comment:

• Labtec81
    replied
    Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
    Sadly, MTG isn't paid for the help she offers ignorant (in the literal sense) posters on here - I am sure she will be back and will comment when she has time.

In the mean time, several posters have been trying to acertain the situation with your deposit. I can't work out if you paid one, but this page may prove interesting: http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index..._protected/0-4
    I'm sure she isn't paid for her time with ignorant posters but I wasn't being ignorant, she commented on my punctuation I corrected it and if she was rude enough to comment on it with regards to understanding it properly, the fact I corrected it should mean she should be equally as respectful and take the time to re-read it now I've corrected it!

Also I've already stated in my very 1st post we did pay a bond aka deposit,

We also paid a bond of £360 as well as the 1st months rent up front when we moved in
    And again on 2 more separate occasions

29th June 2009 (the date we moved in) PAID 1 months RENT PAID IN ADVANCE WITH A BOND PAID EQUIVALENT TO 1 MONTHS RENT
    The deposit is with the landlord, the deposit/bond amount was £360, basically we paid 4 weeks rent + the amount of 4 weeks rent as a deposit so we paid £720 the day we moved in

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    You were rude enough to comment on my punctuation so I fixed it so you could understand it properly yet you still haven't replied, should I take it you still don't understand what I typed!?
    Sadly, MTG isn't paid for the help she offers ignorant (in the literal sense) posters on here - I am sure she will be back and will comment when she has time.

Leave a comment:

• westminster
    replied

That's the point I've been trying to make that we will be paying the rent on the 7th of February which will take us up to the 7th of March so even when we move out on the 15th of February we will have already paid the rent until the 7th of March which is why a friend of mine said we would actually be owed money due to what you said which is we would be liable for further rent for the period 7th of Feb - 22nd Feb 2011 inclusive which will have already been paid upto the 7th March 2011, so in effect we would be owed 2 weeks rent that we will have already paid.
    Simple solution. On the 7th February, (assuming you serve notice before 25th Jan), do not pay the full rent up to 6th March; just pay what is due for the period 7th Feb - 22nd Feb inclusive, 16 days' worth.

Leave a comment:

• Labtec81
    replied
    Originally posted by jjlandlord View Post
    Do you mean that the rent that you paid in advance was not used to pay for the first 4 weeks of your tenancy?
    No sir,

I did say

we paid 4 weeks in advance when we first moved into our current property
    Which means we paid 4 weeks in advance for rent, which is why I said when we move out on the 15th of February 2011 we will have paid the rent until the 7th of March 2011 because we've always been 4 weeks in front and never in arrears with the rent.

Originally posted by westminster View Post
    Assuming MTG is correct, and your notice (served before 25th Jan 2011) must expire on Monday 22nd Feb 2011, and assuming that the four weeks rent in advance you paid when you moved in on 29th June 2009 was for the first four weeks' rent for the property - i.e. 29th June-26th July (and you paid the second lot of rent on 27th July 2009) - then you will be liable for further rent for the period 7th Feb - 22nd Feb 2011 inclusive.
    Thank you,

That's the point I've been trying to make that we will be paying the rent on the 7th of February which will take us up to the 7th of March so even when we move out on the 15th of February we will have already paid the rent until the 7th of March which is why a friend of mine said we would actually be owed money due to what you said which is we would be liable for further rent for the period 7th of Feb - 22nd Feb 2011 inclusive which will have already been paid upto the 7th March 2011, so in effect we would be owed 2 weeks rent that we will have already paid.

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    If you want us to understand this properly, you are going to have to be more generous with your punctuation.
    You were rude enough to comment on my punctuation so I fixed it so you could understand it properly yet you still haven't replied, should I take it you still don't understand what I typed!?

Leave a comment:

• westminster
    replied
    Not sure if this helps also but here are all the dates we've paid rent since we moved in, the time between all rental payments is 4 weeks exactly

27th July 2009
    24th August 2009...

...10th January 2011
    7th February 2011 is the next rent due date.
    Just been told by a friend that because we've paid rent from 10th January 2011 to [it should be 6th if your rent due dates above are correct] February 2011, and because we paid 4 weeks in advance when we first moved into our current property that we should be owed 3 weeks rent + the bond back.

3 weeks rent adds upto £250 and the bond amount we paid was £360.

Can anyone else clarify that please or do we actually lose the months rent we paid in advance and won't be entitled to anything back but the bond?
    Assuming MTG is correct, and your notice (served before 25th Jan 2011) must expire on Monday 22nd Feb 2011, and assuming that the four weeks rent in advance you paid when you moved in on 29th June 2009 was for the first four weeks' rent for the property - i.e. 29th June-26th July (and you paid the second lot of rent on 27th July 2009) - then you will be liable for further rent for the period 7th Feb - 22nd Feb 2011 inclusive.

Leave a comment:

• jjlandlord
    replied
    Do you mean that the rent that you paid in advance was not used to pay for the first 4 weeks of your tenancy?

If it wasn't, then you may withhold payment of the rent for the lasts 4 weeks of your tenancy. Otherwise the landlord will have to refund it to you as it is a debt.

Leave a comment:

• Labtec81
    replied
    Just been told by a friend that because we've paid rent from 10th January 2011 to 7th February 2011, and because we paid 4 weeks in advance when we first moved into our current property that we should be owed 3 weeks rent + the bond back.

3 weeks rent adds upto £250 and the bond amount we paid was £360.

Can anyone else clarify that please or do we actually lose the months rent we paid in advance and won't be entitled to anything back but the bond?

Leave a comment:

• Labtec81
    replied
    I replied to your last post mind the gap,

Did you manage to read it okay after I edited the post of mine that you commented on re: the punctuation.

Leave a comment:

• Labtec81
    replied
    Okay I'll separate it so it's more understandable.

Edited the post before this one, so hopefully it's now more readable, I do apologise I type as I think and that's fast (too fast sometimes) lol.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    To my knowledge no the landlord hasn't protected it or undertaken the insurance alternative (whatever that is?) as i've never heard of it.

Also I've just been thinking we are needing to move on the 15th of February right but when we moved in we paid a months (well 4 weeks rent in advance) and with the rent next being due on the 7th of February 2011 it wouldn't be due again until the 7th of March 2011 so the rent would be fully paid up wouldn't it? As after the 15th of February we would be living elsewhere but will have already paid the rent from February till March, so the fact we paid the rent 4 weeks in advance when we first moved in and the fact we'd be paying the rent again on the 7th of February before we moved out would mean we wouldn't lose the bond right? And the rent would be fully paid up till the date everyone's mentioned, that date being the 7th of March 2011 when users of the forum say is the official date we could move out, but the landlord shouldn't have a problem with us leaving early right if we pay the rent in February which would take us through to March anyway, on top of that we'd paid 4 weeks in advance when we moved in.

Thanks for all the replies so far.
    If you want us to understand this properly, you are going to have to be more generous with your punctuation.

Leave a comment:

• Labtec81
    replied
    To my knowledge no the landlord hasn't protected it or undertaken the insurance alternative (whatever that is?) as i've never heard of it.

Also I've just been thinking we are needing to move on the 15th of February right but when we moved into the property we currently live in we paid a months (well 4 weeks rent in advance) and with the rent next being due on the 7th of February 2011 it wouldn't be due again until the 7th of March 2011 anyway so the rent would be fully paid up wouldn't it?

So after the 15th of February we would be living elsewhere but we will have already paid the rent from February till March, so the fact we paid the rent 4 weeks in advance when we first moved in and the fact we'd be paying the rent again on the 7th of February 2011 before we moved out would mean we wouldn't lose the bond right?

Also the rent would be fully paid up till the date everyone's mentioned, that date being the 7th of March 2011 what users of the forum say is the official date we could move out.

So presumably the landlord shouldn't have a problem with us leaving early right if we pay the rent in February which would take us through to March anyway, on top of that we'd paid 4 weeks in advance when we moved in.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    No it's just with the landlord as far as I'm aware.
    Has L either protected it or undertaken the insurance alternative?

Leave a comment:

• Labtec81
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    By 'Where is the deposit' I mean, is it protected in a scheme, or not?
    No it's just with the landlord as far as I'm aware.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by westminster View Post
    . Tenancy periods are based, not on the rent due date, but on the frequency with which rent is payable.
    I agree. OP, if it is the case that your original fixed term expired on 28th Dec, then notice served by you before Monday 25 January would expire on Monday 22nd February.

By 'Where is the deposit' I mean, is it protected in a scheme, or not?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X