Possession Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possession Hearing

Firstly I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2011.

I have an upcoming possession hearing with a non paying tenant. Tenant owes 3 months rent.

Can anyone give me a brief outline of what will happen at the hearing and will it go down as a CCJ for the tenant?.

Will I be able to get a judgement for the rent arrears now or have to file a separate claim in small claims court?

Thanks

If you are claiming possession under section 8, grounds 8 or 10 then you should be able to get a court order for the missing rent.

The possession itself doesn't give the tenant a CCJ, but if you are granted an order for the rent, and T doesn't pay within 14 (iirc) days, than a CCJ will be recorded against them.

Comment

hi...do you have to notify court after 14 days that tenant has not paid...and if you dont notify court does the ccj not apply or show up against tenants name?

Comment

You have to enforce the order for the CCJ to appear. With a s8 the order is usually in the format £1750 plus £20 per day that the tenant remains in residence. Without you enforcing the order, the court has no way of knowing what the latter part equals.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X