Landlord refused to install fire alarm and abused T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord refused to install fire alarm and abused T

Basically I contact my local council as our landlord had refused to put a fire alarm in, the council then served notice him, our landlord does not live in the property but is a buy to let investor who rents out a flat in the building. When writing back to the council concerning the notice he states in the letter that 'he did not see why people like them should have a fire alarm as they are scum' Question I would like to ask is can I do anything about this statement I'm very offended and upset.

Originally posted by madkazwales View Post
    Basically I contact my local council as our landlord had refused to put a fire alarm in, the council then served notice him, our landlord does not live in the property but is a buy to let investor who rents out a flat in the building. When writing back to the council concerning the notice he states in the letter that 'he did not see why people like them should have a fire alarm as they are scum' Question I would like to ask is can I do anything about this statement I'm very offended and upset.

I would laugh. After all what has he actually done to you, and after all you now have your fire alarm, and the LL is unlikely to figure out that he can recover this in the service charge. You can after the breach apply to the LVT to appoint an independant manager, exercise right to manage or purchase the freehold.

Or try "blame direct" or similar lawyer/services via http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosin...asolicitor.law
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

We are all paying a percentage to have the fire alarm installed he is not footing the bill alone just paying his percentage as he owns one of the flat he is in no way out of pocket. Can not apply to LVT to appointment manager as there is no provision in leases to pay management fee, therefore no way for paying new management and 3 out of 5 flat owners wont vary there leases as they are buy to let investors also can not exercise right to manage because 3 of 5 flat owners do not want to get involved., finally I can not afford to buy freehold alone.

Who are blame direct?

Comment

Originally posted by madkazwales View Post
        We are all paying a percentage to have the fire alarm installed he is not footing the bill alone just paying his percentage as he owns one of the flat he is in no way out of pocket. Can not apply to LVT to appointment manager as there is no provision in leases to pay management fee, therefore no way for paying new management and 3 out of 5 flat owners wont vary there leases as they are buy to let investors also can not exercise right to manage because 3 of 5 flat owners do not want to get involved., finally I can not afford to buy freehold alone.

Who are blame direct?
        Then it looks like litigation, and use the law society service.

Actually as the court appoints the manager, they may well be able to order their fee recoverable. I do recall an example but very vaguely, so it is worth taking paid advice on it.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X