electricity supplier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electricity supplier

Does anyone know which number I would need to ring in order to find out who my electricity supplier is? Apparently there is an automated number I can ring and enter my house number etc and it will tell me my supplier. Many thanks for your help.

I believe that it's MPAN on 0845 6030618, The address, postcode and meter reference number will be needed.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Help and advice
      MONGOOSE505
      Hi

Last month, I rented a two bedroom property to a female and her son, no pets,working , Refs checked etc.

This morning I receive a call from the neighbors.

Eight people are now living in the property and un-controllable dogs

I have never had to deal...
      23-07-2017, 09:06 AM
    • Reply to Help and advice
      MrShed
      I'd be seeking a Section 8 repossession on grounds 12 and 14, possibly 17. You will need to establish proof of course, and some of this depends upon what your tenancy agreement says around pets and around visitors/guests/subletting.

The neighbours saying "eight people are living in...
      23-07-2017, 10:32 AM
    • Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      MrShed
      I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
      20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
    • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      jjlandlord
      The other principles of course apply, but that's not the point.

Tatemono specifically asked if it was OK for him to be sent personal data of the prospective tenant (the filled tenancy agreement to be signed) outside of the EEA.

Principle 8 states that no data may be sent outside...
      23-07-2017, 10:27 AM
    • Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
      JP23
      Why must we continuously renew our deposit with the scheme each time we re-sign our AST i.e. every 12 months?

Why can the deposit not remain protected throughout the duration of the overall tenant occupation?

Is our landlord acting in questionable faith by asking us to pay...
      23-07-2017, 04:18 AM
    • Reply to Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
      jpkeates
      The landlord can only charge fees agreed (usually in the tenancy agreement).
      23-07-2017, 10:06 AM
    • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      jpkeates
      That's not how it works.

All of the data protection principles are applied to all personal data, meeting the Schedule 2 criteria enables the processing of data at all (as part of Principle 1), the other principles all still apply.
      Which Schedule 1 makes "clear".
      An Act to make new provision for the regulation of the processing of information relating to individuals, including the obtaining, holding, use or disclosure of such information.
      23-07-2017, 10:02 AM
    • Pros and cons of "DSS" tenants
      Awesomestow
      Mods - apologies if there's already a thread on this, I tried searching given it's bound to have been asked before but the search returned an error.

Having emptied my property (finally!) in February, we've now completed a rebuild programme. It's come in almost on budget and almost on...
      28-05-2017, 20:34 PM
    • Reply to Pros and cons of "DSS" tenants
      AndrewDod
      Glad we could help get your ideas straightened out in your head.

The status of being where "weakness = power" is only going to accelerate.

Weak people should have power. But what we are talking about here is the power to abuse which is something altogether differ...
      23-07-2017, 09:52 AM
    • Reply to Help and advice
      MONGOOSE505
      Q1. England

Q2 Sole tenant

Q3 28/04/2017

Q4 Six Months

Q5 Monthly Rent

Q6 No

Q7 No notices as of yet

Q8 No...
      23-07-2017, 09:46 AM