Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T broken promise to pay arrears

Hi All

We served a T with a s.8 notice dated 13th Aug, we enclosed a letter giving the tenant one final chance to contact us to arrange some kind of payment which would suspend proceedings.

He contacted us on the 16th Sept to say that he could only afford X amount a week towards the debt. On speaking to the landlords they didn't agree the figure as it was too low so i sent out a letter to T asking for Y amount a month, on the 27th Sept the T contacted office and said that what we were requesting was too much so could he pay Z a month, this was agreed with all the LL and a letter was sent to the tenant confirming this and that the 1st payment was expected end of Oct, well surprise surprise we are now on the 19th Nov and no payment.

I did write out to the T on the 11th Nov giving him until today to make his first payment. If he doesn't pay, do we need to serve a S.8 again or can I skip that part and go straight to court to seek possession?
    I'm not a LA, I'm just some admin person that works for 3 LL who don't get on with each other and never respond to Tenants. All help is gratefully received and very appreciated.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X