Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy coming to an end

Hi all,

My first ever tenants are due to move out end of Sep. The property is managed by an agent and i was wondering when we should start advertising again (my agent has not been in touch with me yet).

Should the agent have been in touch by now?

Just because the fixed term is coming to an end does not mean the tenancy is per se. It is possible that the tenants are wishing to stay on a periodic tenancy after the fixed term. However, either way the agency should probably have been in touch. Have you contacted them?
    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

The tenant stated he only needed the property for a 6 month work contract, so i assume he will be leaving (would be nice if he stayed!).

No, i haven't been in touch with the agent yet, i wanted to know if i should be getting in touch or if it is too early yet.

Comment

If you have any queries you should be contacting them. Unless...what did you take the agents on as? Let only, or full management?
        Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

Full management

Comment

Originally posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
            The tenant stated he only needed the property for a 6 month work contract, so i assume he will be leaving (would be nice if he stayed!).
            If there's one thing I've learned since starting out as a landlord, it's NEVER assume ANYTHING!!

You need to find out pronto; eg, he may think he has no option but to move out despite maybe actually wanting to stay, and you might lose him.

Communication, communication.....
            Last edited by Ericthelobster; 30-08-2006, 18:11 PM. Reason: added a bit

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X