New tenancy but property's too noisy to stay here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with those that say you get used to it. I found the traffic noise, the tractors and the vibrations when low flying helicopters from the army came over at night terrible when I rented and moved into this house. Was quite angry about it. Believe it or not you get used to it! You don't notice it and I would even go as far as saying I would even buy the house now if I could afford it! I love where I live and don't want to move despite having felt like I had made a mistake whe first moved in.

It makes me chuckle now when I look back and am so glad I didn't move out.

Hope it works out!

Comment

I am one of the only people in the world who doesn't get used to noise if it's occasionally; e.g. I awoke every single night except sundays for 12 months from the noise the 1am train from London stopping at a station 1 mile away ... and when I lived near a bus route, it became etched into my mind so I would actually wake up, comment on the bus being late and go back to sleep ... BUT BUT BUT I did habituate to it all. So the waking up no longer bothered me, it became part of the routine of a dayand didn't really steal my sleep. It took a few weeks for sure, but it wasn't the noise that made me move in the end even though I was screaming curses that would make a sailor blush in those first few weeks¬

Comment

how about complaining to the council? unfortunately these days, the bloody HGV'S are everywhere!

Comment

as a landlord, I had a tenant who wanted to move out because of noise. It was a city centre flat. I let them go cos I didn't want my tenants being upset etc with their living accommodation. I wanted happy customers! I would deffo try to get used to it for now but explain the situation & get a feel of whether the landlord will let you go. It is hard to avoid traffic now though. Pity the council aren't stricter like that. Lobbying & becoming a nuisance to the council sounds good. Get other residents on your side as well. Safety in numbers!!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X