Signatures on an AST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signatures on an AST

I have read on LLZ that it is advisable to have each page of a Check In Inventory signed by both the Landlord and Tenant. Is it therefore advisable to have each page of the AST signed by both as well?

I never have done in the past and usually use my own AST and just number the bottom of each page ie Page 1 of 6, Page 2 of 6 etc etc so it is obvious that no pages are missing and then I sign the back page only and get the Tenant and their Guarantor to sign the back page as well but I have just received a blank AST from a local letting agent which has a space at the bottom of each page indicating that the Landlords and Tenants signatures are required on all pages

Of course it is better. Not even sure why you are asking?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

It is better, but providing both parties have a copy of the agreement, it would be easy to show where there were any changes. I have never heard of such a process before - but now I have, I might do it myself in future.

Comment

My tenancy agreements always have numbered pages, each page initialled by both me and T, (and signed on the last page).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X