Really need advice - Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really need advice - Inventory

Hi, i moved out of my old flat in august this year, i paid a deposit of £1050 ...

when i moved into the flat, no inventory was done, on departure of the property after check out inventory i requested of return of deposit.... the Landlord company are refusing to give me my deposit back, and also charging an additional £360 on top of this for things like nails in walls whih were aready there.

The thinks they are trying to charge me for are ridiculous, the flat was spotless better than when i moved in and i feel like £1410 is a ridiculous amount to be charged!

I raised a dispute with 'My Deposits' and requested the 'Alternative Dispute Resolution Service'

The Solicitor of the Landlords has been in contact although i have not responded to any of these emails as i dont want to be tricked into saying something that could be held against me......

After raising the dispute ... the solicitor again mailed me in acknowledgement of the dispute and suggesting they forget about the £360 fine and we agree they keep just the £1050. i didn't respond....

'My Deposits' have now said the Landlords want to go to court and are refusing to use the 'Alternative Dispute Service',

where do i stand, is it as simple as there being no check in inventory or are they going to try and hang me out to dry...... i have written confirmation that there was no check in inventory.... and have kept records of everything thats been sent via email and post

Please help me x

If it goes to court the landlord will have to prove the damage and back it up with reciepts and a good inventory.

If you have signed the original inventory and didnt check it was correct at the time that would be your fault.

Comment

cool ok, no did not sign an inventory, they cannot forge one either as i have written proof from lettings agent that they were not instructed to carry one out..... is it best i see a soliciter if it is going to court do you think?x

Comment

Originally posted by Tenant1986 View Post
        cool ok, no did not sign an inventory, they cannot forge one either as i have written proof from lettings agent that they were not instructed to carry one out...
        The amount they are asking for is pretty high - what exactly are they saying this is for? Although you say you've returned the flat in better condition that it was originally I just get this sneaking suspicion that we may not be getting the full story...

Comment

im going to a solicitors tomorrow, the landlords were incompetant, the wallpaper was already there and they are trying to charge me to remove it £1100 and they said they removed it even though its still there, its a crazy issue....

Comment

As Ericthelobster says, there's probably more to this than the very limited amount you are telling here. LL is keen to go to Court to sort this out? I wonder why?

Comment

If you do go and see a solicitor, remember that any court claim you make will be heard in the small claims track so you will not be able to recover these costs from your opponent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X